Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Well, I tested the 06 BowTech line-up and bought......

Old 01-11-2006, 08:38 PM

Default Well, I tested the 06 BowTech line-up and bought......

Well guys, I went to the pro-shop this evening and planned on trying out the 2006 BowTech Tribute, Old Glory, and Constitution. The first bow I picked up was the Old Glory. The first thing that I noticed was that the camo finish seems much better than the previous year. It looked every bit as good as the Mathews I have seen. The grip hasn't changed from what is on my 05 Allegiance so it felt great and comfortable in my hand. The cable rod being camo is a very neat feature that really makes the bow stand out. Time came to shoot the Old Glory so I read the birth certificate and it was 70.1#@29" shooting a 350 grain arrow at 304 f.p.s.with the speed mods in.The bow was entirely bare except for a arrow rest. I was shoot ultra-light alluminum arrows. The draw was pretty much identical to that of my Allegiance. It built up almost instantly and very smoothly rolled down into the nice valley with a solid back-wall. Holding the bow back I could instantly tell the differance in a.t.a. from my Alley. The bow had no side to side wobble and this is without a stabilizer. Upon release I noticed that the bow had no movement. It sat dead still in my hand with just a very tiny buzz felt in the grip that I am pretty sure would be taken care of with a set of limb savers. I shot a half dozen shots and had a huge grin on my face the entire time. This bow had all the great features of my Alley with more stability. Well, to be honest, I didn't even pick up a Constitution or Tribute, I knew instantly that I had found what I was looking for. This bow fits the bill perfectly for what I want to use it for so I have an 06 Old Glory (29" draw length, 70# max draw weight, with speed mods) on order. I decided to stick with the standard Mossy Oak Obsession camoflauge as this is what my accessories are and I really like the pattern. It seems much crisper than last years. I should have the bow in 6 to 8 weeks.

I am not sure about what rest I plan on using but I will have a Spot Hogg-Hogg-It sight on the bow with a 8" Stealth Stabilizer, STS System, Simms Limb Savers Ultras, a Fletcher Tru Peep, and I will be shooting 28" Gold Tip Pro-Hunter 75/95's. I will post pics when I get my new baby
Old 01-11-2006, 09:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Well, I tested the 06 BowTech line-up and bought......

Congrads on the new purchase!!!

The '06 lineup is sweet, isn't it?

Are you going with the single or double STS?
Old 01-11-2006, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the new bow.

I do wish you would have shot the Tribute. I was hoping you would have shot the Tribute & posted your opinion of it.[]

Just incase you did not hear, I bought a Tribute, Yesterday! I shot it and fell in love.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:43 PM

hey man im proud for ya . sounds like your realy happy. i also tried out the new bowtechs being as i am a loyal bowtech fan. but i shot everything the shop had and not one could out shoot my 05 patriot. some were just as good but none better. i am shooting an 05 patriot and shoot 68 lbs and im shooting 307fps. i like the new camo but to pay over 600 bucks for the camo . for me it was a no go. but im glad you found a winner. i dont see how they are gonna impove on the 05 patriot and since they dropped it from thier line up i guess i will have to see what 07 brings.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:52 PM

Thanks guys,

I really love the bow and I am looking forward to it comming in, till then I am just gonna keep shooting Alley

Wolf, congrats on the Tribute. I had ever intention of shooting it but after shooting the Old Glory I just knew I had found what I wanted and no other bows mattered. When I pick my bow up I will have to shoot the Tribute to see how she performs. From what I heard it is gonna be one awsome hunting bow.

MQ1, I think that I am gonna stick with the standard single STS with the updated stopper. I am not sure how much the double is really gonna help and it seems as though it might just be extra weight.

Gonzo, the Patriot is one sweet bow. It was sad to see it go. I am keeping my 05 Allegiance for hunting as it is everything I want in a hunting bow, I just wanted something with a more stable platform for my screen and 3-D shoots this summer, but I wanted it to also be a good option as a back-up bow incase something were to happen to my Alley.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

You shot one bow and bought it?What about all the talk of shooting as many as you can before buying a bow?I'm amazed that you didn't even try the tribute!Do you by chance have adult a.d.d.?Now your buddy will get a tribute and you will shoot it and run out and get a tribute ASAP--This report sounds ALOT like the one or two you gave last on the greatest thing since sliced bread.GOOD LUCK and have fun with the new bow.
Old 01-12-2006, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hah........I bought my Constitution without even shooting one.

Congrats on the new bow. The wait will be worth it. I just got my 06 in Monday, it is the sweetest looking/shooting bow I have ever owned. Tonight it is time to go tune it and get everything dialed in for spots league on Sunday.

*Edited to whore a pic of my new 06'.

Old 01-12-2006, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dang it Buck- I ain't done payin off the freedom cam BowTechs I got after you let me shoot yours. Keep this one the heck away from me, or I'll be movin in with you after the little lady kicks me out!!!
Old 01-12-2006, 10:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Rick, that is one beautiful bow!!!!