Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Advise on Quivers! 1 piece or 2 piece? Who has the best?

Old 01-11-2006, 06:05 PM
Spike

Default Advise on Quivers! 1 piece or 2 piece? Who has the best?

This has probably been asked a hundred times but I am too lazy to search. I am looking for recommendations on a quiver (compound bow) that is built well and works well. PROS and CONS on a 1-piece or 2-piece?.......removable or permanent attached?......number of arrows?.

Leaning toward a 1-piece removable of some type.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Advise on Quivers! 1 piece or 2 piece? Who has the best?

I have both but now prefer a 1 pc removable ( Bohning 6 arrow ) mostly because I can remove it when encasing my bow when I get back to my vehicle at night. With most cases and fixed quivers you almost need to strip the arrows to close the case. You can also remove the quiver and hang it on the tree when on stand.
Old 01-11-2006, 06:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you are stand hunting (treestand or groundblind), take the darned thing off in my opinion. Why have something that you don't need on the side of the bow that could potentially make noise if you accidentally "knocked" into something. Hang it on a tree and it's still right there if you need a back-up. You won't convince me that you need a second arrow "that quick". If you do, you can just reach up and grab one off the side of the tree.

I prefer the Kwikee 3-Arrow. Lightweight, inexpensive, and does the job well. I also like the screw-in bracket to put it up and out of the way, but close to reach for a second arrow (which very rairly happens).
Old 01-11-2006, 06:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

I too prefer the Kwikee Quivers... I've got about six or seven of the screw-in brackets that I screw into the side of the tree when I hang my stands... that way, it's alread there waiting on me when I get to that particular stand. Kwikee just came out with a Kwikee Lite 4 which obviously holds four arrows; it should be just the ticket, as I thought the six-arrow version was just a bit too much, but wanted more than three arrows available for a hunt. There has been times when I've shot a deer and two turkeys from the stand, and if I'd only had three I'd have been out of arrows. I ordered the Lite 4 version just this afternoon in Hardwoods HD for my new bow in '06!
Old 01-11-2006, 06:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

Iuse a one piece fixed made by Mathews. In the last 15 years I have had several opportunities tonock a second arrow. Example- I shot a nice buck that was trailing a doe, he ran off but the doe didn't really know what was going on. I slowly nocked the arrow and filled that tag also. Another time I hit a limb and the deer ran about 15 yds and stoped to look around. I got a second shot at him and killed him. IfI was having to reach over to the side to grab my arrows I think I would have been busted from the movement. I like my arrows on the side and ready to go at all times. JMHO
Old 01-11-2006, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Iuse a one piece fixed made by Mathews. In the last 15 years I have had several opportunities tonock a second arrow. Example- I shot a nice buck that was trailing a doe, he ran off but the doe didn't really know what was going on. I slowly nocked the arrow and filled that tag also. Another time I hit a limb and the deer ran about 15 yds and stoped to look around. I got a second shot at him and killed him. IfI was having to reach over to the side to grab my arrows I think I would have been busted from the movement. I like my arrows on the side and ready to go at all times. JMHO
Been there done that! I also leave my quiver attatched. I use a Alpine soft lock now, but I am not all that impresssed with it. I will be going back to the 2 piece permanent mount!
Old 01-11-2006, 07:55 PM

A week ago Sunday I shot a doe in a hayfield.
I mis-judged the yardage on the first shot and went over her back.
I was able to remove another arrow from my quiver and get it nocked.
Second arrow did the trick and she piled up about 80 yards away.
I like my arrows on the bow at all times.
I practice with a quiver full.

I use a Mathews Arrow Webquiver, it is removeable but I rarely take it off the bow.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:38 PM
Site Bouncer

I am a convert from a one pieceto a two piece quiver. The main reason is a two piece is much more sturdy and less likely to make noise. The arrows are also much closer to the bow with the two piece quiver making it a slimmer profile.I also like the idea of having a second shot that close though I must admit I have not had the need for it yet with the two piecebut I have had tograb for a second arrow with my one piece over the years.

Having shot all my life with one piecequivers I like them and they do have their pluses, but Iprefer the two piece quivers.Yes with the two piece you do need to take the arrows off of the bow before you store it in your case (unless you have a big soft case), but I found that this was not a problem like I thought it would be. To me the pluses to the two piece quiver out weigh the one piece design. If you like to shoot without a quiver, then this is a no brainer for you but if you always shoot with the quiver attached, give the two piece a try.

Having said that there are many manufactures that make quality two piece quivers. Some are bow specific and others are universal. I can only speek on the type I use (PSE/Browning) Mine are very sturdy, quiet and hold the arrows securely. I like the 4 arrow over the bigger 6 or 8 arrow quivers.

Good luck with your choice.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:20 AM
Super Moderator

I get no noise with a permanent 2 piece quiver and shoot it year round with quiver on, even on the rare days I shoot 3D anymore.
Old 01-12-2006, 07:50 AM

I prefer the 1-piece Bohning Lynx. It holds 4 arrows and I can remove it while in the stand. I usually screw another base into the tree to my right. If I need another arrow, I just reach behind me and they are there. I personally don't like shooting with a quiver attached. My Bowtech Defender is a short ATA bow and when the quiver is attached, the arrows are right at the bottom of the cam and I sometimes hit them on things.

Quick Reply: Advise on Quivers! 1 piece or 2 piece? Who has the best?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.