Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Advise on Quivers! 1 piece or 2 piece? Who has the best?

Old 01-12-2006, 07:51 AM

Default RE: Advise on Quivers! 1 piece or 2 piece? Who has the best?

I prefer the 1-piece Bohning Lynx. It holds 4 arrows and I can remove it while in the stand. I usually screw another base into the tree to my right. If I need another arrow, I just reach behind me and they are there. I personally don't like shooting with a quiver attached. My Bowtech Defender is a short ATA bow and when the quiver is attached, the arrows are right at the bottom of the cam and I sometimes hit them on things.
Old 01-12-2006, 03:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I really like my 5 arrow Alpine soft Lock quiver. I have had them on the last 4 bows. 1 piece, easy to remove, quiet. They work both well for me hunting elk on the run and whitetails from the stand...
Old 01-13-2006, 05:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

The quivers made by Fuse appear to be very nice and well built. I had my hands on the quick detach model and it was one of the nicest quivers I had seen in a while.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

Won't post on the best but if you prefer to leave a quiver on, I find 2 piece quivers to be quieter. I have Hoyt's 2 pc. on my bow.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: shed33

I really like my 5 arrow Alpine soft Lock quiver. I have had them on the last 4 bows. 1 piece, easy to remove, quiet. They work both well for me hunting elk on the run and whitetails from the stand...

I agree love the Alpine Soft Lok...I went with the 3 arrow Model as a personal choice.
Old 01-13-2006, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the Alpine Soft Lock on my bow....maybe I got a lemon, but that thing has been a nightmare since I bought it. I had the tubes come apart alot, ended up glueing them back in...looks like crap now. A friend of mine has one and has had no problems with his. I am thinking about getting the Mathews two piece for next season.
Old 01-13-2006, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a Mathews 2 piece quiver and I love it. I used to use a 1 piece, but I never took it off so I switched when I got my new Switchback. The first year I bowhunted I took my quiver off when I got to the stand. A doe came through and I shot over her back, when I turned tograb another arrow she quickly picked up on my movement and ran off about 60 yards and just stood there blowing.

Also this year a little buck came through and when I shot a little limb deflected my arrow causing me to miss. As soon as I shot I looked to my left and saw a doe standing there wondering what was going on. I was able to quickly get another arrow and shoot her.
Old 01-13-2006, 02:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

I use the 1 pc kwikee kwiver! I bought a light bow for a reason, I like it light weight. One in my stand I have a bracket attached to my stand and put the quiver there while hunting! Easy access and no added weight to my bow!
Old 01-14-2006, 02:24 AM
Fork Horn

I like to remove my quiver once in the stand, so its definitely a one piece quiver for me. I only take four arrows on the hunt so any quiver holding four arrows would work fine for me. I currently use the Bohning Lynx which is one of the finer quivers I've ever had. I like the fact that it holds the arrow in two spots and the blade doesn't need to be inserted into foam. I also like the fact that extra holders are readily availabe, since I always use two, one on the bow and the second that slides on my safety belt thats fastened to the tree. This quiver also comes will two sets of arrow grippers, one for carbon and one for aluminum.

Happy Hunting
Dan
Old 01-14-2006, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a Mathews 2 piece...no noise at all. However, I like to take my quiver off while in my stand. I went to a 4 arrow Kwikee Quiver...absoluetly love it.

Quick Reply: Advise on Quivers! 1 piece or 2 piece? Who has the best?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.