Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Going to test shoot the 06 BowTechs.....

Old 01-11-2006, 02:00 PM

Default Going to test shoot the 06 BowTechs.....

Hey guys,

Well, I can't stand it anymore, I have decided that later this evening I am gonna go test shoot the 06 BowTechs. I am really looking to shoot the Old Glory but I am definetly gonna try out the Constitution and the Tribute as well. I have no plans on getting rid of my Allegiance, but I really want to look at something a little longer a.t.a. for my screen shoots plus some 3-D shoots this summer, hence why I want to look at the Old Glory. I didn't really want to drop any cash on a new bow, but I have decided that this is a nice present to myself for going 1 year without smoking. I'll update ya'll later tonight on my thoughts and if any of them are comming home with me
Old 01-11-2006, 02:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Going to test shoot the 06 BowTechs.....

Congrats on the Smoking thing. It's a big accomplushment. I know how tough it can be. My wifewho has smoked for 20 years has tried everything from getting hypnotised, to laser treatments, etc. etc. She finally quit cold turkey. She is smoke free for about four months now.
Old 01-11-2006, 02:37 PM

Good luck and have fun!!! I shoot the Old Glory and love it very much. Great for spot and stalk hunting. Very stable bow and shoots great groups at 60 yards. I didn't truly appreciate it's advantages until I started shooting it at 50 and 60 yards. WOW! This bow makes me look better than I deserve.

Happy for you.
Old 01-11-2006, 04:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wow, BM! I would have never figured you for a smoker... Guess that's a good thing!

Have fun shooting the '06 line; they're awesome!!
Old 01-11-2006, 05:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I shot & bought the BowTech Tribute yesterday. The Tribute has an Axle to Axle lenght of 31-1/2 inches. So it is shorter than what you are looking for. The Tribute does have a 7-1/2 inch brace height.
I am already shooting my Tribute better than I ever shot my Darton Typhoon.
I am interested in what you think of the Tribute? I bought it as a hunting bow. I only shoot targets at my house. I have never shot in a 3-D shoot. For me the Tribute looks like the perfect treestand/groundblind bow. I can not wait to take it out this spring for black bear.
Give us the full report tonight.
Old 01-12-2006, 12:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

I really want to look at something a little longer a.t.a. for my screen shoots plus some 3-D shoots this summer
Jason.

My Constitution holds extremely well on target and it is just as fast as the Old Glory IMHO it is the perfect 3d/target bow

Old 01-12-2006, 08:06 AM

The thing about the Tribute is the "beyond parrallel" limbs. They allowed the engineers to put a longer riser on the bow which makes it very stable for a short ATA bow. It felt more like a 34" bow. That combined with the brace height and geometry made it feel very stable when I shot it. More stable than my Defender which is the same ATA. So I wouldn't count it out until you shoot one.
Old 01-12-2006, 08:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Buck Magnet
I didn't really want to drop any cash on a new bow, but I have decided that this is a nice present to myself for going 1 year without smoking.
Didn't read this before I posted in the other thread. Congrats on quitting it's not easy. I also recently quit, which is why I dropped the $$$ on my Constitution......the bow cost me almost exactly what a years supply of smokes cost. I decided the week before PA's archery opener that I was going to quit this year so I wouldn't smoke in the woods, I bought a box of patches the last day of September, followed the whole cycle and have now been off the patches for about 6 weeks with no thoughts of going back. I haven't smoked since 9/30. It feels good to be smoke free.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats to all of you who have quite smoking...It's been 10 years since I quit my 2-3 pack a day habit and I know for fact what things I've been able to buy because of it. My latest purchase was the down payment on my house...How cool is that?...
Old 01-12-2006, 03:29 PM

Bow Tech you can't go wrong

Quick Reply: Going to test shoot the 06 BowTechs.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.