Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Deer and Cattle?

Old 10-17-2002, 05:49 AM

Default RE: Deer and Cattle?

I'd have to agree with most here, I never see deer and cows standing together but they are often in the same location. I surely wouldn't let cows stop me from hunting a pasture or field.
Old 10-19-2002, 08:56 PM

The biggest buck I've ever seen was laying down next to a barn with cows walking all around.We were out spotlighting and just came down off a hill.The lights from the car just happened to be facing the pasture.We both saw antlers and I put the spotlight on the deer.It was at least a 14 point,with HIGH,WIDE tines.We could not beleive what we were seeing but it's true.During hunting season the deer probably goes in the barn.

GUNS AND KNOWLEDGE ARE THE BEST PROTECTION AGAINST TERRORISM
Old 10-19-2002, 09:23 PM

cows they seem to get along well with. horses, in my experience, are a little different. if the cows are around keep an eye on them. like in an earlier post they always pay attention to what's around them and will often tell you when something is coming. they will look up and stare at it. usually one pays more attention. sounds crazy but true.

remember i m in the middle of cows and wheatfields out here.
Old 10-20-2002, 05:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just yesterday I watched a doe feeding with a herd of cattle on bed down within 5 ft of one.......