Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

stabelizers

Old 01-07-2006, 01:32 PM

Default stabelizers

Hello. I was just wondering what do you think is a good hunting/3D stabelizer that does a good all around job for both hunting and 3/D. Thanx
Old 01-07-2006, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: stabelizers

Well I have been using the Doinker line and am very pleased with them.The 7" works great on my Patriot.
Your goina get alot of responses and probably hear alot about the stealth stabilizers.I am pretty sure you have to order them and not available off the shelf.Someone correct me if I am wrong.
If you have any friends with these stabilizers or guys at the range,ask if you can try theirs on your setup.This will give you hands on with alot of different models.Then choose the one you are happiest with.
Old 01-08-2006, 08:14 AM

I have also been using the doinker line. I just recently purchased the Carbon A-Bomb. Its a 5 inch stablizer, that weights 9.5 oz (i think??). I know its the same weight as a 7 inch. Having the shorter stablizer, but same weight is nice since 2 extra inches are gone, might not get in the way as much. Come as a price of 50 bucks, but worth it.
Old 01-08-2006, 03:50 PM
Typical Buck

I've used Doinkers in the past and they work just fine. I had a Limbsaver S-Coil on the bow I just lost and really liked it. Great for $20. I bought a Vibracheck Isolator for this new one. Seems fine. Its the shorter one. I've never cared too much for long stabilizers for hunting.
Old 01-08-2006, 03:55 PM

I have heard a lot of people using the Doinker line. Along with Limbsaver. Both seem to be decent stabilizers. I haven't used either so I cannot comment on them.

I am currently shooting the Vibracheck Icon. Check it out. Most guys don't like that much weight, I haven't used any other type of stabilizer yet, so I really have nothing to compare it to. I like it, seems to dampen a lot of vibration and sound.

Just something else to look at. Just what you wanted to make your search for stabilizers even more difficult.

Like I told another guy here, Archery is full of choices. Such a luxury and such a burden at the same time. It is great having so much to pick from but then how do you effectively sort through the crap to find the diamonds in the rough?

Old 01-08-2006, 03:56 PM

Ohh, I forgot to mention FUSE archery as well. www.fusearchery.com They are also a popular brand.

Haven't tried them, any opinions?

Old 01-08-2006, 04:07 PM

I am currently using the 6 in. Fuse stab. I like it a lot, my friend uses them and it kinda rubbed off on me. I thing they include a doinker on it as well. Other than that, no complaints about them.
Old 01-08-2006, 04:07 PM

depends on what class you'll be shooting in. there are alot of good stablizers out there, Doinker, Vibra check, Easten, Cartell, Kyber. best idea is to go to a pro shop that will let you try a few. My personal choice is Viba-checks Carbon fiber stabilizers. good luck!!!