Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

SHOOTERS WITH GLASSES ~ HELP!

Old 01-05-2006, 06:47 PM

Default RE: SHOOTERS WITH GLASSES ~ HELP!

I wear glasses and shoot with a peep sight, and have no problem. I would shorten your draw, or go to a "No peep" option, such as the Hindsight.
Old 01-06-2006, 01:25 PM

Insightfull stuff all ya. Thanks much.
I'll be experimenting with anchor point, shorter draw length, etc.
I've been shooting for 15 some odd years and this is not exactly new. I've had to shoot in the past without glasses and still do, but the old eyeballs aren't what they used to be. And, I've joined an archery club and our 3-D shoots have frustrated me because I am shooting more.

There's an answer some where . . . thanks for the help.
Old 01-06-2006, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have the same problem, fortunatly, I am able to use contacts, problem solved. I beleive that some eyes are spaced furthur apart than others making it different for many, I went as far as to take off the nose piece, so the lens rested right on my nose. That seemed to help for the time being. It effected my shooting so bad that I was loosing the sight picture of an entire bull elk at 20 yards. Imagine the panic one would find in having that happen. I found it best to take my glasses off when I knew the animal was coming in to allow my eyes to adjust. It seemed that going instantaneously from corrected to uncorected vision, was worse than having uncorrected vision for the few moments leading to the shot and during the shot, if this makes sense.
Old 01-07-2006, 08:33 AM

I went though the same thing myself.After fighting the fact that I really did need the glasses to see(ego),I've experianced just about every situation disscussed on this post.My glasses are also the progessive type.
What really was the single most solution was two (2) different styles of glasses.The one pair are my everyday glasses, and there is my shooting glasses.The shooting glasses haveno bottom frame,larger lenses,and a small "bridge" over my nose,and they still look good.Only very minor changes,in my form,were needed....Bob
Old 01-08-2006, 10:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wear glasses but never experienced the problem. I now have bi-focals and still no problem.
Old 01-09-2006, 12:07 AM
Typical Buck

I've got bifocals with the line and no problem but it sounds like they hit it with the draw length. I would like to add that you check for proper posture and shooting position.
Old 01-09-2006, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

interesting post, i've shot with my glasses for years. I don't have any problems with them, but I shoot both eyes open.