Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Read This Story, You'll Love It!

Old 01-03-2006, 05:24 PM

Default Read This Story, You'll Love It!

"As the sun broke the horizon, my friend Billy spotted him. Our buck was at their backs, so my wife Vicki and I covered some ground. After two hours of crawling and glassing, we watched him turn around, then dissapear. We glassed hard but we'd lost sight of all th deer. It was time to get serious. Unfortunately, we didn't know the location of our buck, so we removed our boots and circled through the sage. Suddenly, Vicki spotted a shimmer. I raised my binoculars to see his nearly hidden, massive rack. He was bedded down. Trying to control my breathing, I moved forward. Forty yards, thirty-five... Something inside told me to go further. Finally at twenty-one yards, I stopped. With my heart pounding through my chest I know it was now or never to make something happen before I was busted. I came to full draw holding my 20 yard pin where I believed his chest would be when he stood and I snorted, then wheezed. Nothing happened. I snorted again but this time much louder and his head raise again towering over the thick sage. As I stood, still at full draw, my arms were growing weak and my stomach was churning with anxiety. Finally, after the longest twominutes of my life, the monster buck rose to his feet and I immediately released the arrow right into the crease. He ran forty yards then tumbled. I collapsed too. The buck ended up grossing 228 1/8 - my largest mule deer ever. It'd been a hard, exhausting yet extremely rewarding day. For me, that's what bowhunting is all about. It's the hard work and the reward that keep me coming back.

Ralph Cianciarulo
Co-Host of Beman's Archer's Choice
(C) Hoyt 2006,75th Anniversary
Old 01-03-2006, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Read This Story, You'll Love It!

any pictures? great story!
Old 01-03-2006, 05:38 PM

yeah, here
Old 01-03-2006, 05:40 PM

thats classic, sounds like you had a near heart attack(lol). Sounds like an awesome buck. if you get it mounted post a picture. that a big one and everyone will want to see it.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:45 PM

it's not my buck, i just copied the story and got the same picture in the catolog off the internet, sry[&:]
Old 01-03-2006, 05:50 PM
Typical Buck

I believe this hunt was on the latest Realtree Monster Bucks DVD.
It was a great deer.
Old 01-04-2006, 02:33 PM

cool
Old 01-04-2006, 03:06 PM

I saw that show on the outdoor channel. It was a great hunt!
Old 01-04-2006, 03:07 PM

Yeah, you can find the video of this hunt on the Realtree Monster Bucks 13 Vol. 2 DVD. I alsoknow it is included on the Hoyt/Drury Outdoors Get Serious Vol. 2 DVD that comes with 2006 Hoyt Bows.

It is indeed a great hunt, thrilling to say the least. The stalk is one of the more amazing ones I have seen, especially on this size of a mule deer.