Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

My better half wants a bow......but there's a catch!!

Old 01-03-2006, 11:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: My better half wants a bow......but there's a catch!!

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Selling a good gun to buy a bow is like dumping a good wife to date a prostitute! Don't do it! [8D]

You my friend have a way with words!!!!!!!!
Old 01-03-2006, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BowHuntingFool

Selling a good gun to buy a bow is like dumping a good wife to date a prostitute! Don't do it! [8D]

You my friend have a way with words!!!!!!!!
I was just going to post this.....lmao
Old 01-03-2006, 11:44 AM
Boone & Crockett

Selling a good gun to buy a bow is like dumping a good wife to date a prostitute! Don't do it!

I am just the opposite, why a gun, the only things my guns do now is sit in gun case.. Take her to a bow shop and let her pick one out that fits her, if she ever gets a kill with a bow, she'll forget all about guns.
Old 01-03-2006, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

O.K---are you selling the gun because money is tight right now(especially with a new addition to the family)If so,then sell it and buy her a bow to keep her happy.But remember,as others have mentioned,you will have to replace it eventually and if you want to buy the Omega anyways then go for it.
Maybe she figures you are hunting way to much and getting rid of your T/C will keep you at home that much more,something to consider as well.I think she is starting to figure all this out
Buy her the bow with the money you get from the T/C and put a lay-away on the Omega you want,should be an even trade-lol

There are alot of bows on the market to suit,and fit anyones needs.Just do a search and you will come up with donzens of options.
I am a great fan of bowtech so I will tell you the Rascal is a great bow.The mustang from Mathews is also good.Try looking into the Brownings as well as they make nice bows for beginners .Just remember to put good accesories on as well.

Old 01-03-2006, 12:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

they match some of her shoes.
After following the thread in the tech section ... this cracked me up!!
Old 01-03-2006, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wish I knew of a good bowshop here in Indy outside of Gander Mountain or Dicks Sporting Goods.

I'd like to find a true archery pro shop.

Alot of these posts are cracking me up....expecially the "Selling a good gun to buy a bow is like dumping a good wife to date a prostitute! Don't do it!" comment!
Old 01-03-2006, 12:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

I will find some arrows and make them all girly with pink cresting and fletching.
I think if you done that you would be in patent violation

Nubo holds the patent on that color scheme
Old 01-03-2006, 02:20 PM
Site Buck Guru

In 1993, my new girlfriend was following me around the local archery range, keeping my score for league. When I was done she asked me when I was going to teach her how to shoot a bow. The next day I went out and bought her a used set-up that fit her and she was hooked. Five weeks later on her third time out, she shot her first deer, a nice big doe. Four years after that, she won the womens state indoor championship in the BHFS class and still has the state record score. I am still with her and she teaches kids archery at our local indoor range. We also turned it in to a family affair, as my son was a two time state champion and 3rd at the nationals. I took 3rd at the nationals the same year that he did. It was the coolest thing ever. So, if you can swing it, keep the gun and get her the bow. If you can't swing it, get her the bow, you won't be sorry. Just be careful when you are trying to teach her. There is something about teaching significant others that sometimes tests your relationship. Sometimes it is best to let someone else or a buddy do it if things get rough! Don't ask me how I know this.[:-]
Old 01-03-2006, 03:37 PM

id suggest you get a divorce..... just kiddn
the parker buckshot outfitter is a great bow it comes w/ sights peep quiver and 3 arrows it shoots great i have one of my own it a great deal at 290$ it comes in 20-30, 30-40, 40-50# if she outgrows it she can send it back to the parker factory with 50$ and they will upgrade the limbs toa higer poundage and upgrade the cams for a bigger draw length.
for more info go to parkerbows.com
Old 01-03-2006, 04:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

I would have check the browning rage models

Quick Reply: My better half wants a bow......but there's a catch!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.