Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Local bow shop vs. eBay

Old 01-03-2006, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Local bow shop vs. eBay

Personally, I buy alot of accessories via eBay but leave the bigger/hardware purchases to local shops.
Old 01-03-2006, 01:50 PM

We've never had a good shop..... Mostly just gun and clothes sellers trying to push bows....... I buy online.....
Old 01-03-2006, 04:26 PM

Id definatly go with the proshop Im one of those thats scred of ebay but that is my preferance. i would reccomend shooting the bow first to see if you like it but its your choice good luck!!
Old 01-03-2006, 04:37 PM

I try to buy local, you can't replace personal service, turn around time, through the mail or onthe internet . I purchased limb savers from Ebay, took around 75 days to get, but I did save a few bucks Ha Ha . I try to buy american and support local people.
Old 01-03-2006, 05:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

I bought my new bow at a local shop because the service is great and I want this guy to be around for as long as I bow hunt and I plan on that being a long, long time. If I don't support the local guy who can I count on to do so?
Old 01-03-2006, 05:53 PM

My first bow was a hand me down from my brother. We went to a shop about 20 minutes from home and they set it up for me gave me plenty of tips. He also gave me plenty of time shooting the block target and the 3-d screen. My brother got his new bow there with the same service. Even though they didn't carry what my brother wanted they ordered it for him and made sure he was happy with his purchase. To me that is worth the extra $, you get with you pay for.

Old 01-03-2006, 07:13 PM
Fork Horn

Interesting...It is very true that you can't put a price on good service, that's why I thought it would be interesting to see everyone's replies. The tough question is, at what point is saving money worth the risk?

As for myself, I have yet to have a problem with eBay, knock on wood. I have a great archery shop about 5 minutes from my house, and I have been very well taken care of there...even though I have not purchased a bow from there. I have sent several friends there to get new bows setup. I tested this particular bow at this shop already so I know what I'm getting into. I would almost feel guilty buying elsewhere at this point.
Old 01-03-2006, 07:20 PM

I would say you know what to do.

If you have been treated well, you owe it to them to return the favor. I know money doesn't grow on trees but sometimes it is hard to replace the bond you will make in this type of sport.

I know eBay can't replace friendships made at a local pro shop.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:51 PM

Sounds like the local shop has already earned your business.
It's up to you to give it to them or not. I think you should.

Ihave boughtmy bows from the same guy for about 8 years now.
He used to have his own shop but went to work for Scheels a few years ago.
He knows his stuff and he knows me.
That is worth a lot to me.
I have never had a problem with anything he has sold me. I shoot Mathews
But I know,without a doubt that if I ever do have a problem or need help Roger will be there for me.

Old 01-03-2006, 10:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I live 75 miles from the nearest traffic light and being left handed, I'm pretty muched screwed as to having access to archery shops and there selection. E-bay does have a good selection to choose fromas I just bought a kodiak recurve. You just have to know what your looking for and what its worth.Buyer beware. Good luck.

Bobby

Quick Reply: Local bow shop vs. eBay

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.