Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

THE NEW BOWTECH TRIBUTE

Old 12-30-2005, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default THE NEW BOWTECH TRIBUTE

Well, my brother just bought one. All I have to say about it is HOLY CRAP. It's the smoothest most shock free bow i've ever shot. I know all you bowtech shooters out there are probably drooling over this bow if you don't already own it. Man I love the thing. Mine is on the way, it should be here soon. The one thing I love about the bowtechs is the draw stop. Not to nock down Mathews or anything (seriously) but the big difference lies in that solid back wall. Even on the switchbacks I've shot just to compare, there's no solid back wall, there's still play. The tribute is just an over the top bow that is unreal to shoot. Just thought I'd share the info and see what kind of input you guys got. Happy hunting!
Old 12-30-2005, 10:00 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: THE NEW BOWTECH TRIBUTE

Hopefully i will be getting one before next hunting season, i have never shot a bowtech but it looks sweet and i have heard so many good things.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think it is a good design, however it is too short and I think a lot of people with 28"+ draw lengths will develop poor form because of this. I will stick to the longer ATA bows I think. My Allegiance is a bit too short too, but I will deal with it for now.
Old 12-30-2005, 10:09 AM
Fork Horn

What is the price on a new tribute, or allegience for that matter??
Old 12-30-2005, 10:11 AM

What is the ATA on the tribute?
Old 12-30-2005, 12:25 PM
Fork Horn

The ATA on the Tribute is 31.5"
Both are selling for around $699.
Old 12-30-2005, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

The thing you have to remember with the Tribute is that due to the extreme limb angles there is a very limited amount of limb tip travel at full draw. So even though it's only a 31.5" ATA bow it shoots like a slightly longer bow with extend limb tip travel.

I plan on picking one up to shoot at the ATA show next week. I will report back after I decide whether or not I will trade in the 05 Allegiance or not.
Old 12-30-2005, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HNIJustin

The thing you have to remember with the Tribute is that due to the extreme limb angles there is a very limited amount of limb tip travel at full draw. So even though it's only a 31.5" ATA bow it shoots like a slightly longer bow with extend limb tip travel.

I plan on picking one up to shoot at the ATA show next week. I will report back after I decide whether or not I will trade in the 05 Allegiance or not.
Oh, I understand this clearly. My problem with the shorter ATA bows out there doesn't have to do with this though, my problems are with the extreme angle of the string, positioning of the peep and distance from my eye, and anchor point. On a guy with a 29-29.5" draw like me this can create form problems. I think I will probably end up just hanging onto my 05 allegiance for now, maybe I will trade for something else later, but I guarantee whatever I trade for won't be shorter than the Allegiance.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Rick, I agree about the string angle & it's awkward peep placement with a 29" draw and delt with that whenI used to shoot a Mighty-mite. That was one of the reasonsI sold it.
But now that I'm using a no-peep I don't see where the string angle will be an issue anymore. Maybe a shorter atawill change my anchor points some, time will tell (maybe).
Old 12-31-2005, 06:43 AM

i shoot a 33" ata bow for hunting with a 29" dland think crooking your neck to see thru your peep is a really bad habit too, and the no peep really took care of it for me. my neck issues have drastically reduced since switching.

Quick Reply: THE NEW BOWTECH TRIBUTE

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.