Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

hoyt fans, something to be proud of

Old 12-23-2005, 07:10 AM

Default hoyt fans, something to be proud of

i am going to make this short and sweet. i had the oppurtunity to shoot the Trykkon yesterday.And my current bow is up for sale as of Jan. 31[end of deer season]. I never gave hoyts much of a thought, dont ask me why. not that i did not like them or anything. just never shot them. but this trykkon is flat out SWEET!
Old 12-23-2005, 08:57 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: hoyt fans, something to be proud of

I shot Hoyt for about 8 years now, I'm looking forward to shooting the Trykon, I'm still shooting my 01' VorTec because Hoyt hasn't impressed me the last couple years, I mean they have, but not to get me to stop shooting my VorTec.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:41 AM

i guess i should say that itis exactly whati personalywas looking for in a bow.absolutely vibration free,short [i also shot the xl ], quiet and fast.just felt like it was meant to be in my hands.i am not the type to go buy a bow every year, because like you nothing out there didn't impress me enough to take over my current setup. but this badboy has me all hyped up. now i am in the second stage of buying it [ explaining to the wife why i need this bow][:@].by the way would you know if $750.00 is about right. i live in southeastern ohio.and i heard of prices from $650 to $750 around the country. but was wondering what prices are in ohio?
Old 12-23-2005, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got my Trykon with everything but the stabalizer and sight for $750 out the door including wrist sling, release loop, Whisker Bisquit deluxe and some other stuff plus shooting and tuning time. So far I absolutely love the bow, no complaints or regrets whatsoever. Its the best bow Ive ever shot and owned including Mathews, BowTech, Parker,and Browning,yes Browning... with the Switchback coming in second because the Trykonis noticably quieter, less vibration, feels better in my handsand I honestly like the graphics better which isnt a big selling point for me but every little bit adds up. Best thing I can tell you is go to a shop that has a chrono, decibal meter and a smile meter and add all 3 categories up.

I am really interested in the Ross line of bows but until a dealer near me carries them there isnt anyway to shoot one to see what they are all about which may never happen, so for now Im completely satisfied with what I have. Ross will have to wait to get my money if ever.
Old 12-23-2005, 02:52 PM

bare bow in alabama retails for 729.99
Old 12-23-2005, 04:16 PM

I myself have not shot the bow, but am heading to my dealer soon. I have only heard good things and the specs are exactly what I am looking for. Thanks for the info