Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Learned a valuable lesson yesterday morning

Old 12-19-2005, 08:37 AM

Default Learned a valuable lesson yesterday morning

I was standing there in the edge of the woods thinking....should I put my stand up here, or go to my other place and put up. All of a sudden I hear something blow and bamn there gone! They couldn't have been 2o yards from me. Now for what I learned. Shooting light and the sunrise are two totally differant times! Had I been there before shoting light like I wanted to I would of had a shot on one. Needless to say I will be in my stand at least hour before the scheduled sunrise time
Old 12-19-2005, 08:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Learned a valuable lesson yesterday morning

Good lesson learned. That is, as long as you can get to your stand quietely in the dark. If not, better wait till first light. Strategically place morning stands.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:29 AM

Learned a lesson myself Saturday morning. When it is time to go, give yourself another 30-45 mins before going. I had justed climbed down my tree and stepped off the platform onto the ground. I looked up one of the trails converging at my tree stand and three deer were staring right at me about 40 yds away. It was obvious they were headed right toward me. Instead of getting an opportunity to score, I got to see three deer turn and go the other direction. I have been bow hunting for a month now. Chalk one up to inexperience I guess.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

and another lesson, dont play with matches or Mathews