Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many acres?

Old 12-17-2005, 09:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default How many acres?

I was just wondering how many acres everyone has to bow hunt on? I dont mean how many different spots, how big is each of your spots. I am just trying to compare my spot to what other people have. I have about 15 acres. It is bordered on 2 sides by a river, and 1 side is bordered by a corn field. It is mostly open field, with woods along the river, but the woods is only about 30 yards wide, from the bank of the river to the field edge. In the far corner of the land, there is an old overgrown gravel pit, (it is full of trees now, and really hilly). I dont really know how many acres the gravel pit is, but I would guesse it is no more than 5 for sure.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:05 PM

Default RE: How many acres?

15 acres3 acres buildings and grass6 acrespines trees and the rest hardwoods. butted up against public land marsh.
Old 12-17-2005, 09:09 PM
Typical Buck

One point 5 million achers of public land here in Oregon. Privet ground is cheetin. LOL
Old 12-17-2005, 09:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

285 acres all to myself, and river wraps around the whole property. Family has owed it since 1860's(yep its paid for).
Old 12-18-2005, 03:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have permission to hunt on a number of areas raning from as small as 6 (absolute dynamite) acres up to about 270 acres. The smaller ones seem to be the better ones for me.
Old 12-18-2005, 05:02 AM
Typical Buck

I have been blessed with the quanity and quality of land that Ibowhunt and I don't spend a nickelfor a lease:
83A on my own farm (QDM) with access to the ~300Aof my two neighbors' adjoining farms;
2200A on a restricted-access military base (QDM and QTM practiced);
andfour more farms 5-10 miles away: 79A (BrownIsDown), 85A (BID), 200A (QDM), and 30A (BID). There arethreeother farms that I spring turkey where the owners have asked me why I don'tcome back and hunt deer?(streched too thin).
- I've feel sometimes like I've died and gone to heaven.I've known the landowners on some of thesefarms for20+ years and enjoy thefriendships we've developed.
- A clue to those who do not have much property: be a courteousethical bowhunter, treat the landowner with dignity and respect, visitlandowners near Christmas (with a token of appreciation)and during the off-season, do some chores (cut fallen treesout of pastures, pick up trash, mend fences, remove dilapidatedpermanent tree stands, help with hay, you get the idea); having the credentials of a Hunter Safety Instructor is a plus ("Sir, I not only practice hunting safely, I teach it" - a big concern to those considering letting a stranger on their property)...these farmers know other farmers - I have gotten permission to bowhunt properties without even asking ("I was telling myneighbor about you...").
Odd, but Irarely hunt my farm.
-fsh
Old 12-18-2005, 05:44 AM

15 acres of woods with a lake
Old 12-18-2005, 06:15 AM
swanny evans

149 acres in meriwether county GA and 20 in fulton county. The twenty acres is my favorite to hunt because its bow only and no one else hunts anywhere near there. Ive seen alot of big bucks but so far they have all been outta range.

Old 12-18-2005, 06:41 AM
Fork Horn

wyoming county new york. my farm and 2 other farms that we hunt with 1500-2000 acres. thats for about 15 ppl. we were able to take 4 in the 140"s this year.
Old 12-18-2005, 08:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

1,200 acres private and unlimited public

Quick Reply: How many acres?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.