Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

This question is going to make some people mad.

Old 12-15-2005, 10:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default This question is going to make some people mad.

First off let me start out by saying that I will be away from my computer until 12-23-05, so I can not reply until then.

Please read my entire post before you reply.

I have come toa turningpoint in my hunting life. I do not like the idea of supplemental food plots.
IMHO Pope & Young & Boone & Crocket, should not allow any animals in there books that has been shoot over a supplemental food plot.
My point:If you plant something that increases antler growth it is not a trophy. If we banned the use of the "enhanced antler growth" food plots? This would put everyone on the same playing field.This would have the same effect asbanning steroids in pro sports.

I am not against food plots. The only food plots I do not like, are the ones that contain supplementsto enhance antler growth.
If a person hunts overfarm/crop land, I see nothing wrong with it.

I just do not think growing a trophy with steroids, vitamins or supplements is fair.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: This question is going to make some people mad.

Kinda hard to prove if they were killed over a food plot, don't you think?
Old 12-15-2005, 10:18 AM
Dominant Buck

No problem here. I agree to some extent. P and y, and B and C should regulate it like they do highfences. The only problem is it would be hard to prove, kinda like proving you shot a P and Y with a bow with 60% let off. It would be
controversial[/align]

With that said, I do not find it unethical. Food plots, feeders, highfences, doesnt matter. How ever you take meat is no problem to me as long as it is humane. Call it ranching, animal farming, etc.. NO different thanwhat a cattle rancher does.But yea, to be considered a trophy, regulations must be enforced.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:23 AM
Spike

what about people who hunt around bean and corn fields...should they be allowed to enter their deer...i see nothing wrong with planting plots to enhance antler development.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Doesn't matter to me! I hunt for Myself not for some book.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

burniegoeasily, We are on the same page. I really do not care how people hunt. I just want the sport of hunting to carry on for many generations to come.
If people want or need to plant a food plot, I could care less.
IMHO If you are introducing minerals into a bucks or bulls diet for the sole purpose of antler growth. You are cheating the rest of the hunting world.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:29 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Badatta2d

Ditto , and the question didn't make me mad .
Old 12-15-2005, 10:34 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Badatta2d

That sums up my feelings to a Tee.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Very valid point. In a lot of places these days deer are fed much better than they have ever been thru history. Does that make for some bigger deer than would otherwise be? Probably. Are they any less difficult to kill, not really. What if all your neighbors have food plots, your little chunk is a funnel or bedding area, and you whack a biggun no where near those plots, but he got big off them. The books and scoring systems are cool and all just to see people get nice deer and to have a way to picture in your mind how big a deer is, but if a person is hunting PURELY for a number, then I think that is rather shallow.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:36 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: jgunn

what about people who hunt around bean and corn fields...should they be allowed to enter their deer...i see nothing wrong with planting plots to enhance antler development.
Interesting twist on the agricultural fields. Personally I dont see how many regulations could be enforced. But if they are going to have records they need to lose all regulations, or level the playing field.

Like Badatta2d said, "Doesnt matter to me. I hunt for myself not for some book.

Quick Reply: This question is going to make some people mad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.