Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

This question is going to make some people mad.

Old 12-15-2005, 12:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: This question is going to make some people mad.

I agree, as long as they donate meat I could careless. It is 100% the hunters choice and thank god we all can make our own choice.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

My statement was geared towards people who are obsessed with score only. Not just in general about guys waiting and holding out for bigger deer, hell I do that myself. Basically I was refering to guys who if the deer they shot fell a few inches short of what they expected and then become disappointed over the number. That's what I mean.
Old 12-15-2005, 01:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: atlasman

ORIGINAL: buttonbuckmaster

What is a natural crop? Someone planted the corn or clover.

This isn't about baiting.......it is about what is being planted. By "natural" I meant a crop planted for food like corn, beans, apples, etc.......these are all natural food crops and of course deer and other animals are gonna want to eat them just like we do.........What is being discussed here is the "crops" being planted for deer to eat with no other purpose then ultimate antler growth.........having big deer around crops like corn and soybeans is a side effect. Having them around Biologic is the goal. These are not natural products........they are chemically altered and supplemented with additives to promote antler growth. It is like tricking the deer into taking steroids by hiding them in his food. Nothing more then "growing" deer scientifcally and artificially.
Is this the same Atlas that has an 8 page post defending his right to feed deer in his back-yard??
Old 12-15-2005, 01:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

My statement was geared towards people who are obsessed with score only. Not just in general about guys waiting and holding out for bigger deer, hell I do that myself. Basically I was refering to guys who if the deer they shot fell a few inches short of what they expected and then become disappointed over the number. That's what I mean.
It means they are bad a scoring a deer on the fly, LOL
I have guys I hunt with our like that , who cares what they do. I guess it's the old humane nature(always want more).
Old 12-15-2005, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Who ever said the playing field should be level? Some states are just going to produce bigger bucks period. Should we all have to use the same kind of weapon so things are even? Should we all have the same number of days to hunt? If you are a trophy hunter then you have to determine what a trophy for your area is or go to a state that has one the size you want.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:36 PM
Giant Nontypical

Vitimans and minerals are not even close to the same thing as steroids. If a guy wants to make his heard more healthy and it is legal than go for it. Usually the guys pissing and moaning about people that only hunt for big racks are the ones that can't seem to set up on dominant bucks. When Isay dominant that means the dominant buck in your hunting area. Some states produce bigger bucks but every hunting area has dominant bucks.
Old 12-15-2005, 03:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think there are a lot of issues to fight for, in regards to the sport of "Hunting". Many more of which are much more important. Until then... I have work to do.
Old 12-15-2005, 04:10 PM
Super Moderator

I am not at all sold on any of the advertised effects that planting food plots such as the aforementioned grows bigger antlers. In my opinion planting food plots just gives deer an alternative food source. After watching a few videos, doing some research, and growing up on a farm, the plants are basically a vessel for allowing good minerals to escape from the soil into the plant. In other words, soils richer in minerals will generally be better than soils with less mineral content. The best advertised antler growth food plots in the world won't produce better antlers than the soil allows....I am a firm believer in that.

By the way, I don't plant food plots or hunt over food plots.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:02 PM

i think natural food plots are fine but those mega fast antlergrowth things ill do without. ill let my deer grow at normal speed. i dont eat store bought meatbecause all the steroidsthat is pumped into them. any meat i eat is killed by me.although a deer that had heavier horns than body would be sweeet.
Old 12-15-2005, 05:04 PM

Big bucks = what?

Big money. Plain and simple. We, IMHO, are victims of our own creation. We wanted more and bigger bucks, to be just like the guys on tv. There are a lot of smart people out there that have figured out how to get our dollars.

As debatable as this issue is, however, there is one point that needs to be kept in mind, as I believe it has been so far. We are all hunters and as long as what we do is legal.......that's the way it is. I am proud of everyone who has posted here. This could turn into a name calling contest and it hasn't. Keep debating, I am having fun and learning alot by reading this.

Quick Reply: This question is going to make some people mad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.