Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

broadhead question

Old 12-11-2005, 12:26 AM

Default broadhead question

Ok guys, I've decided to switch back to fixed blade broadheads, but would like to hear some opinions on the "latest and greatest" out there. I shoot a Martin Phantom II @ 65 pounds and 29 1/2 inch draw. Its got an IBO speed of 315 fps I believe. I'mgonna buy some new arrows soon and am looking for something around 12 grains per inch or so if that makes much of a difference. I must say I'm hoping for a little more that something like"go with thunderheads,thunderheadsare the bomb-diggity!"

P.S:if you've got any arrow recommendations, I would love to hear that as well.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:12 AM

Default RE: broadhead question

You should take a look at Carbon Tech arrows and screw some Muzzy 4-blades on them baby's.Good hunting!!!
Old 12-11-2005, 08:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Carbon Express Terminator Select tipped with 125 gn Magnus Stingers. Should be right up your alley.
Old 12-11-2005, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll 2nd the Magnus heads. Great heads, no doubt.
Old 12-11-2005, 09:29 AM

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Carbon Express Terminator Select tipped with 125 gn Magnus Stingers. Should be right up your alley.
And he say's he's not advertising for Carbon Express
Old 12-11-2005, 09:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

If I am, I wish they'd send me a paycheck or two. [>:][8D]
Old 12-11-2005, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I guess I'm old school. I'd go with some good 'ole Easton XX75's and Thunderhead. They are tried and true, not to metion they are the "bomb digity"

Joking aside...There are a lot of new fangled stuff out there....but you can never tell whats gonna happen with a product until its been around the block a few times. This combination has, and has never failed.

Good luck on finding something that workd for you.
Old 12-12-2005, 02:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

You can check out my website for some broadhead recomendations. There are tons of great choices, as well as some bad ones.
www.broadheadtests.com
Old 12-12-2005, 04:56 AM
Dominant Buck

Or you could just screw on some Thunderheads.Thunderheadsare the bomb-diggity!"

If you want all sorts of pertinent data you're still only getting input from what people prefer. In real world test I've shot probably 50 deer with Thunderheads. Virtually all have been passthroughs at distances to 40 yards. The couple exceptions were larger deer and I whacked a shoulder going inor stuck the off side shoulder. They're sturdy(I've only EVER had one blade chip and that one took out the spine. They fly with my field points once the bow is tuned. When you get an arrow set up the Thunderheads are interchangeable, although I set up each arrow with it's own broadhead and never are the two parted. It's just that I always usually bust an arrow after one or two deer, certainly by the third. The old reliables have been around for years for a reason, they work, they don't bankrupt you like some of the "NEW" German made things do, and they've been killing deer since before most were around. I've killed a tad over 80 deer with a bow. I've used probably 8 or 10 different broadheads in 35 years of bowhunting. I see no reason to change to anything new and improved when Thunderheads are the diggity.[8D]
P.S. I never tested them on rocks, plywood, old cars or barrells.... just deer and my advice is Free. You don't have to subscribe to anything other than the theory... "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".[8D]
Old 12-12-2005, 05:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Im with Davemil on this as you can read from my sig. Ive been shooting Thunderheads for a longtime and have shot several dozen deer with them and have had great success. Very durable, always had good blood trails and have had pass throughs almost every shot. As long as they are in business Im buying them.

Quick Reply: broadhead question

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.