Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Time to straighten this out

Old 12-08-2005, 08:55 PM

Default RE: Time to straighten this out

For the benefit of argurment, let's say he stretched the truth a little. Now, from what I gather from most of the statements made here, he's the only one that would ever do that.......right?? [&:]

Let the ones without fault be the first to cast a stone.......
Old 12-08-2005, 09:04 PM

Hey, I think it's possible. I saw a deer crossing the interstate one time...it ran into the side of a pickup truck..spun around and ran BACK across the interstate, and got hit SOLID by an 18 wheeler...took most of the guys lower part of the cab off...it wasa BIG 8-pointer. I pulled over and drug the deer out of the interstate...the trucker kept the deer. His words were something to the effect that since it totaled his cab, he might as well get some dinner out of it. In Ohio, if you hit a deer, it's rightfully yours, but legally you have to have either the highway patrol, game warden, or sheriff deputy to give you a tag for it. You can even sign up for a "road kill list" and they will call you when a deer is hit if the driver doesn't want it...figured it was like that everywhere?
Old 12-08-2005, 09:05 PM

ORIGINAL: vc1111

So how is it your deer?? You hit it bad, then it was shot, and then ran over! What exactly is your claim to the deer?
We have what appears to be a younger hunter who just had a rather bad experience during a hunt. He's obviously upset, which was apparent in his first thread. If you had little experience with hunting the rules in a rather complex situation like this, you might feel just as he does.

deer-hunter18:
Im just wondering what you were smoking before you shot the deer?

And I'm just wondering why you can't show a little respect for the guy even though you might not think he is entitled to the deer he shot because of the circumstances involved. Lighten up.

Ohiobowhunter56, I am sorry you had a bad experience. Perhaps your shot wasn't well-placed enough to properly drop the deer. Next time try to get a license number and call the game warden to help you sort things out.
Couldn't have said it better--a little common sense and respect when dealing with these matters goes along way--lighten up some of you guys!!
Old 12-08-2005, 09:24 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: aeroslinger

ORIGINAL: BigJ12
Now I'm not saying the driver of the truck did the right thing by hauling the deer away before contacting the proper authorities but he did kill it and therefore itwas HIS deer, sorry.
BigJ12, I don't think the guy in the truck would have a legal claim to the buck unless in Ohio a vehicle is a legal weapon to use to harvest game.
aeroslinger,

While I am not 100% sure how Ohio law reads, here in Illinois, if a motor vehicle hits and kills a deer the driver has legal right to that deer as long as is dies on or beside the roadway (not on private property) as this deer did. I was just using Illinois law as my reference. I'm sure most states laws read something in that order. Thats why I said the driver of the car/truck (whatever it was) that was the first to hit and kill the deer has legal right to it.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I truely feel for you Ohio,I really do,even though I am still confused

Now what about that poor deer.Being hit by 2 different hunters,and whacked by 2 different vehicles.I'm thinking he had a much worse day then you.
Hopefully the next one you get drops in its tracks,then there will be no argument over who's deer it is.
Good luck to you

Old 12-08-2005, 10:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Havent shot a bow since I was a kid and Im fifty two now so there wasnt bows like there is now but Im going to buy one and see if im any good at it!
Welcome aboard jim
lmao----now this is a prime example on how to change the subject.

Old 12-09-2005, 05:54 AM

I like your strategy deadlite......change the conversation back to Bowhunting.....welcome to the forum!
Old 12-09-2005, 07:56 AM
Fork Horn

finally settled
Old 12-09-2005, 08:27 AM
Boone & Crockett

On a lighter note, at least the guy that got it won't have to worry grinding the meat up,after getting hit by one car and run over by another the jobs already done.
Old 12-09-2005, 08:36 AM

I agree with vc1111 and those like him. Stuff happens... plus some of Ohio's info was 2nd hand. If that deer was his first or one of his first I can relate to his frustration. Hang in there Ohio... it wil get better and you will end up with lots of great deer hunt stories.
I hunt in southeastern NY and we see it all... when deer season starts it's likea switch is thrown in some people...they would do anything for a deer... and I mean anything.

Quick Reply: Time to straighten this out

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.