Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Time to straighten this out

Old 12-08-2005, 04:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Time to straighten this out

ORIGINAL: BigJ12
Now I'm not saying the driver of the truck did the right thing by hauling the deer away before contacting the proper authorities but he did kill it and therefore itwas HIS deer, sorry.
BigJ12, I don't think the guy in the truck would have a legal claim to the buck unless in Ohio a vehicle is a legal weapon to use to harvest game.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

So how is it your deer?? You hit it bad, then it was shot, and then ran over! What exactly is your claim to the deer?
We have what appears to be a younger hunter who just had a rather bad experience during a hunt. He's obviously upset, which was apparent in his first thread. If you had little experience with hunting the rules in a rather complex situation like this, you might feel just as he does.

deer-hunter18:
Im just wondering what you were smoking before you shot the deer?

And I'm just wondering why you can't show a little respect for the guy even though you might not think he is entitled to the deer he shot because of the circumstances involved. Lighten up.

Ohiobowhunter56, I am sorry you had a bad experience. Perhaps your shot wasn't well-placed enough to properly drop the deer. Next time try to get a license number and call the game warden to help you sort things out.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:47 PM

ORIGINAL: OhiobowHunter56

thats what that little boy told my buddies brother.
Why didn't you say so in the first place........that clears everything up

i know sounds farfetched but thats what the hunters themselves told me..
It sure does........especially since you said that your converstaion with them consisted of you saying "That's my deer" and him replying "Where's your blood trail?" Then you said he told his buddies to "load 'em up" and they drove off with you calling them every name in the book.

Now you are saying that you were told that one guy shot at him, one guy hit him, and one guy ran it over after all that.........I guess the first two cars were parked neatly off the road and a group of guys just left the deer in the middle of the road.........both unfortunately, yet conveniently a car comes racing over the hill so fast that no one has any choice but to dive out of the way and watch as he runs over the deer.........yet again.

I can totally see how that could happen

That deer had worse luck then you do man.

Old 12-08-2005, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

What exactly does any of this have to do with BOWHUNTING?
Old 12-08-2005, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HAZCON7

What exactly does any of this have to do with BOWHUNTING?

my thoughts exactly
Old 12-08-2005, 05:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

I hope you have better luck next time Ohio. As beat up as that poor buck was you probably didn't want it any way.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thing's happen and sometime's they seem pretty far fetched ,as this story does .But regardless it could have happened ,so what's the big deal .
Ohio Don't bother fretting over this ,there's alway's next season .
These guy's don't have to believe you ,but only you know what really happened ,and that's what count's.

nubo
Old 12-08-2005, 08:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Great post, nubo.

Nice to see a little courtesy.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I third that sentiment!Yea they may be pretty unusual circumstances,but stranger things have happenned.
Old 12-08-2005, 08:54 PM

Havent shot a bow since I was a kid and Im fifty two now so there wasnt bows like there is now but Im going to buy one and see if im any good at it!

Quick Reply: Time to straighten this out

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.