Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

For you Bowtech guys.

Old 12-07-2005, 08:28 PM

Default RE: For you Bowtech guys.

Bowtech? Awesome bows with even better specs. I am a hoyt-to-the-bone man but have shot some of the Bowtech's. They are awesome preformers. I recomend shooting several bows you are interested in, and buy the one you like the most, it is the most practical solution because money is obviously not an option. IN GOD WE TRUST! LOL
Old 12-07-2005, 08:45 PM

I went to a shop about 10 days ago and shot the 06 Alle, 06 Tribute and the XT.. All nice bows really. I did prefer the BT grips and I did shoot better with the bowtechs but what really got me was that the XT seemed to draw longer than the Bowtechs did. It just seemed to be more like a 29.5 than the listed 29. They were all set at 60ish pounds and I couldn't tell a difference in ease of draw.. The Matheews seemed quieter but also seemed significantly slower than the two Bowtechs. When it came down to was I liked the bowtechs better and decided on the Tribute becasue it was a bit deader in the hand. I only hesitated because of the short ATA on the Tribute and might regret it for that very reason but I doubt it. It is a nice shooting bow..

If the XT had been a longer ATA bow like I thought they would have done (and just kept the Outback) than I might have been more tempted to buy it. But I guessthe researchers inmarketing told them to redo there 31 inch bow instead of making a 36 incher.. c'est la vie.

Theshop I boughtit from is well over an hour away from here. Oh well, I like the shop and it was worth the diesel.

Old 12-07-2005, 10:37 PM

I drove an hour to the nearest Bowtech dealer to shoot a Patriot two years ago, and ended up coming home with it.

I sick of reading it, but like everyone says shoot them all. Buy what you like. The admins should post that at the top, of the bowhunting forum front page, it would cut down on the redundency.
Old 12-08-2005, 04:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just by reading your post your mind is already made up, youre going to like the BowTech even if its not what you expected, I will bet money on that. Asking BowTech owners if you should go to another shop to shoot a BowTech is like asking happy Ford owners if you should just buy a Chevy from a dealer close to your house , or,should you make the drive to the closest Ford dealership, hehe c'mon, you arent fooling this ol boy. LOL why dont you just ask the BowTech guys to pat you on the back or butt or whatever floats your boat and go buy the bow. Its okay if you like big girls just like its okay some of you guys shoot BowTechs [:-]
Old 12-08-2005, 05:16 AM
Boone & Crockett

I would go shoot it. What can it hurt? Loyalty to the local shop is a great thing but you, as a consumer, have to find a product that suits your particular tastes.
Old 12-08-2005, 12:19 PM

ORIGINAL: MQ1shooter

But a lot of Christians are looking to support fellow people of their faith in a world where political correctness has driven away the possibility of mentioning Christ or following his teachings in so many areas... Look at the acceptance of using the abbreviation "Xmas" as one example, removal of prayer in schools, the lie that was sold that there is any mention of separation of church and state in the constitution (read it if you don't believe me...)
MQ1 this is a great statement. It is written seek first the Kingdom of God and all these thingsshall be added unto you. BowTech will continue to dominate the industry if they don't forget how the original company was started.Not to mention they have earned their great reputation with great products.

Here is one of my favorite versus to demonstrate the days we are in.

II Timothy Chapter 3 vs. 1-5.

1) But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days.
2) People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy,
3) without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the
good,
4) treacherous, rash, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God–
5) having a form of godliness but denying its power.

Old 12-08-2005, 12:46 PM

I'd go shoot it, you never know, you might come home with it! lol I know I would those bows look awesome! They're apparently really fast too. As for the In God We Trust sticker on Bowtechs, if you don't like it, just take it off it's not that big a deal.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:21 PM
Giant Nontypical

As an additional comment. I was a Loyal Hoyt fanatic. The only reason I looked elsewhere was I was displeased with the 2005 line-up.
Now me,NOT being the type of person to jump on a bandwagon..I hated the bowtechs in theory, just because I felt like the board contigency was forcing bowtechs down my throat. I felt like it was a conspiracy of sorts and maybe some folks were benefitting by bragging them up so much. So I shot the others and then shot a bowtech just so I could say "HA I tried them and blah blah brand is better, quiter, faster etc." Well the bow sold itself. The talk was justified. I don't know what everyone elses reasons are for choosing a brand or bow, but for me I like solid cutting edge technology THAT PREFORMS, and I found it in a bowtech.
Old 12-08-2005, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Join the Dark Side!
Old 12-08-2005, 06:14 PM

I see alot of talk about the matthews being not so great and is comparable to other brands but that's of personal preference.I own a Matthews Blackmax II and love the speed.I'm more for speed than smoothness.But that's my opinion.I've lost deer due to slowness and won't have that happen again.I now shoot 298fps at 28in at 61lbs.Do what is best for your needs.

Quick Reply: For you Bowtech guys.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.