Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

For you Bowtech guys.

Old 12-07-2005, 06:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: For you Bowtech guys.

I was in the same boat last year and shot the Liberty VFT with the freedom cams and absolutely had to HAVE it!!! May never go back to mathews
Old 12-07-2005, 06:24 PM

Another thing for the Bowtech shooters.
Got my issue of Bowhunting World last weekend.
Best bow you ask?
Well they seem to think,
Mathews #1
Hoyt #2
Bowtech #3

I really think everyone should shoot them all and make their own choice.
Just couldn't resist bustin on ya a little
Old 12-07-2005, 06:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

I personally don't care for companies that put their religous sayings on their product. That is their right of course, just turns me off. To me it's no different than a company using a big breasted bimbo to "sell" theirs when the product has nothing to do with bimbos or religion.
But a lot of Christians are looking to support fellow people of their faith in a world where political correctness has driven away the possibility of mentioning Christ or following his teachings in so many areas... Look at the acceptance of using the abbreviation "Xmas" as one example, removal of prayer in schools, the lie that was sold that there is any mention of separation of church and state in the constitution (read it if you don't believe me...)

Now, when a company throws out a slogan like that and then you find out they just used it as a marketing ploy, that's one thing. But I have heard that -- at least they used to -- start out a lot of days and/or meetings there at Bowtech with prayer time. I know I'll catch some flak from someone about this statement, but I don't care: That could be why they're the fastest-growing bow company ever.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:33 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yes you should definetly go shoot it.

I have shot both of them side by side and this is what I think about them.

The switchback XT is a little bit quieter than the tribute but produces a higher frequency sound, kind of like snapping celery, where as the tribute is a slightly louder but dull thud. Better string silencers will take care of this.

The grip on the tribute far excedes the switchback XT. IT is thin and sits the bow very nicely in your hand with very minimal right/ left torque. The Mathews grip is a very torquy (sp) grip which causes the bow to point off to the right when at full draw (right handed shooter).

The tribute produces almost zero vibration and does not move when you shoot the bow. It literally just siths there in your hand. The XT exibits a slight sideways jump to the left (right handed shooter) when shot due to the bow being torqued to the right and I did notice a little bit more vibration in the handle, not too much but some.

Both bows have a very smooth draw with no 'bumps' in the draw cycle. However the XT is a bit easier to draw with that huge round cam. The trade off in the easier drawing cam on the XT is it does not build energy as quickly as the equalizer cams and thus produces less speed.

Having a 2005 alleginace I can tell you that the binary cams are, IMHO, the best cam system out on the market right now. So far they have not moved even slightly out of synch with each other and they are doing everything that Bowtech says they will do and/ or not do.

Oh, and who really cares if they place the flag and "IN GOD WE TRUST" on the bow? Why would any American have a problem with this regardless of religous beliefs? If you do I suggest you stop spending money cause it is on every coin and bill you have ever used and will use. Personally I like the fact that they are showing support for this country and its way of life.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:44 PM

I'm not going to give you any flack for it, that's how you feel and it's fine with me.
It's not how I feel and hope that's fine with you.

I agree taking the Christ out of Christmas is lame. If you are not Christian then don't celebrate Christmas if you don't want to. I'm not Jewish so I don't celebrate Hanauka(sp?) doesn't mean that Jewish people shouldn't.

I wouldn't care for a prayer meeting in the morning but I wouldn't care if others wanted to as long as I wasn't forced to attend.
I am not anti Christian, just not a thumper.

It's no different than if a bow company that made great bows had the slogan "We worship the devil"(this would probably not be the greatest marketing ploy) it just doesn't fit the product.
Old 12-07-2005, 06:50 PM

Bigbull,
I have no problem with the US flag being on any American product.

Guys don't get your undies in a bunch,I was just stating my opinion, you are free to have yours and support whatever business you choose. I think I have that same freedom?
Old 12-07-2005, 07:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think I have that same freedom?
Absolutely, buell! Well answered, and handled with class...

Of course, you've got the freedom to race Buells too, and we don't give you doo much flak over that! Just kidding! Amazing what can be done witha Harley these days, huh?
Old 12-07-2005, 07:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thank you very much for all of the replies! I found a place tonight that is less than an hour away, carries both brands, and accepts trade-ins. Like I said, I won't be doing anything until season is over in Jan., but I am trying to make up my mind ahead of time. I will let all of you know which one I go with. MQ1-I agree 100% with you. As a staunch conservative Christian republican, I am sick and tired of seeing our religion pushed aside in the name of "political correctness", while other religions and/or practices are welcomed andconstantly in the public eye. Itreally frustrates me, as you pointed out, how this time of year, year after year, society looks for more and more ways to take the "Christ" out of Christmas.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

bigbulls,

I, too, have shot both the XT and the Tribute, and agree whole-heartedly with your assessment. Why Mathews can't put a better grip on their bows is beyond me. In my honest opinion, Bowtech makes by far the best stock grip on the planet right now. If I had an XT, the first thing I'd do is order an aftermarket grip.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:58 PM

Oh, I pass enough guys on other brands to keep that flak to a minimum

Quick Reply: For you Bowtech guys.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.