Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

"Extending" my hunting season....

Old 12-07-2005, 11:11 AM
Dominant Buck

Default "Extending" my hunting season....

I JUST got back from my hunting land (Private). My lock-on stand/steps/tether/haul-line...hell even my cable lock has been stolen.

I'm so mad right now....I'm considering buying a BRAND NEW one.....putting it in the SAME TREE.......and extending my hunting season.

Whatcha think?

ANYONE who steals a stand (or anything) from someone is is NOT a hunter. He's a F-ing thief. Period. I hope he rots in Hell.

Jeff
Old 12-07-2005, 11:18 AM
Site Bouncer

Default RE: "Extending" my hunting season....

That sucks!

In all of the yearsI have hunted I have yet to have a stand stolen but it's just a matter of time. (sad but true)Sorry to hear this. I don't think you will have much luck finding the person/persons involved as I think they will probably steer clear of that area for a while.

Try talking to the land owner maybe he/she saw something out of the ordinary...a truck, car or people walking around. Long shot but you never know.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:24 AM
Dominant Buck

That's the first thing I did (Talked to the landowner). He didn't see a thing.....but we both have suspicions of who might have done this (based on past experiences with "neighbors".....who happen to be related to the landowner).

It's not worth going over to ask and getting killed over (yes....these guys WOULD kill someone), but it sure pisses me off, about right now.

I bought that stand new.....and maybe hunted out of it 1/2 doz times. It's more the principal of someone coming onto private property to steal it. Is NOTHING sacred, anymore?????

My hunting land is also adjacent to my home/land. I feel like I have to lock everything up, now.....and I can't be assured that will do any good, either.

I'm a climber from now on, though.

Jeff
Old 12-07-2005, 05:14 PM

Sorry for you[:@]That is the only reason I don't have any trail cameras out! I don't feel like donating any new cuddebacksto the local thief benevolent fund... and I only hunt on my own property!
Old 12-07-2005, 05:54 PM
Typical Buck

Low down dirty @#$%&! thieves.[:@]I don't know how someone could have the
nerve to do that. A buddy of mine put a tripod up on some new property he
got permission to hunt and it was gone the next weekend.[>:]
Old 12-07-2005, 06:28 PM

I would also have a trail cam but I don't trust it in the woods where I hunt. Sorry to hear about your stand.[&o]
Old 12-07-2005, 07:00 PM

That stinks!
Seems to be more common every year.
What the hell is wrong with people?
Old 12-08-2005, 07:12 AM
Dominant Buck

How about this for an update:

My son knows the two boys that live behind us (Only 3 house in about 20 acres). I told him what happened....and that I SPECIFICALLY suspected one of the two boys that are friends of his (they're 19 and 24). I told him to tell them I would be willing to not go to the authorities (I know, I know....but it sounds scary to a kid) if they'd come clean with anything they knew.

Nobody came clean......but my stand is back in place, this morning.

We now have a family dilemma that we'll sort out. The boys didn't know we had permission to hunt the land adjacent to both our properties (part of the landowner's request)....so they didn't know it was our stand. That doesn't make it right (lesson I'm trying to teach to my son, right now).....but it makes it more palatable in HIS eyes.

We'll see where this leads........

Jeff
Old 12-08-2005, 08:38 AM

at least you got the stand back.....
Old 12-09-2005, 01:28 PM

Congrats on getting it back. Maybe they just thought they were taking a stand down that someone put up who was not suppose to be there. I personally have removed stands from my property that did not belong. I had one guy call me for his climber and I put it back on his doorstep with the understanding that this would be the only time I would return it. Another climber in a different spot I just removed it from the tree bottom and left it lying there....figured they would get the hint. I have no problem taking stands off my property and if they don't get claimed....well I guess I'll keep'em. Good Luck and at least you have it back

Quick Reply: "Extending" my hunting season....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.