Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bushnell vs. nikon

Old 12-07-2005, 08:40 AM

Default bushnell vs. nikon

ok, here is the deal i am in the market for a new pair of optics and i am desiding between the nikon monarch atb 10 * 40 and the bushnell trophy 10 * 40. well the monarch is about a 100 bucks more but they seem to have the same futures. waterproof, fogproof, what is the difference and which is the best deal?
Old 12-07-2005, 08:47 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: bushnell vs. nikon

Nikon makes far better optics IMO then Bushnell... Best way to see it is to goto a store (basspro or whatever) that has all of them and take a look... I just went through the same thing... I ended up with the Leupold Windriver 10x42... But you can see the difference in a good pair... And those are not even the best... But for $300 they are Very Nice... Best thing I have bought in YEARS for Hunting... It's so nice to grab a good pair of optics and checkout a Good buck walking too far away... I love it... Never hunt without it again...

Now that I look you should really look at the Leupolds as well for what the Nikon costs... Just my 2 cents...
Old 12-07-2005, 09:30 AM

I have the monarchs. I looked at a bunch of binos with the intent of spending up to $500. I found the Monarchs to be superior than other pairs that were a lot more money.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

What Bushnell are you comparing to the Monarchs...the Legends or the Excursion? The Legends are actually a few dollars more expensive than the Monarchs (Cabelas prices) while the Excursions are about $100 less. Personally I find the Monarchs optics, and Nikon in general, to be better than the Legends though I would have no objection to using either in a pinch. The Excursions are a good value for the price but the image quality isn't at the level of the Monarchs or Legends in my opinion. There is a noticeable bending of the image over a good 1/3rd of the view.
Old 12-07-2005, 10:01 AM

thanks for the reply's is am going to check out the leupold windriver and the nikon and pick between them thanks again for the info.