Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

what is a good starter bow for a youth hunter?

Old 12-04-2005, 04:31 PM

Default what is a good starter bow for a youth hunter?

i am going to get a bow soon, i can probably only pull back 50 max and the local laws say i have to have a #40 draw weight. i want a bow that i can increase the draw weight as i grow. i would like a bow that isnt too expensive (under $300)
Old 12-04-2005, 06:19 PM

Default RE: what is a good starter bow for a youth hunter?

Browning Micro Midas III or the Browning Adrenaline. Both have 10" of draw length adjustment, and these bad boys flat out shoot.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:40 PM
Dominant Buck

I got the same one for my son. It's seems to be a great bow.

Also check on ebay. Buy a bow and shoot it until you feel you can drop a deer in a heartbeat. Then have fun. It's not how good the bow is as much as how good the person is behind the bow.

Good luck, your following an addictive path.
Old 12-04-2005, 07:57 PM

my dad doesnt want me to get a bow that doesnt get up to 50 at least becuz he says i would grow out of it in a year and it wouldnt be worth it any ones that are #40-50 that are 250 dollars or below
Old 12-05-2005, 08:48 PM
Typical Buck

go with the browning...it'll go up to 50lbs.
it was my first bow and you'll LOVE it!!!
i got mine in a kit from bass pro....hope you get it cause you'll be a happy lil man if you do.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:13 PM

Look into the Parkers.They have a bow designed to grow with you. I believe you can change the draw form 26 to 31 with modules and as you become stronger you can trade in the limbs for higher poundage for around $50's...
Old 12-06-2005, 06:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

A similar recent topic here:

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1314696&mpage=1&key=&#131585 5
Old 12-06-2005, 08:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

I agree with others, the Brownings are great youth bows! I have one for my son as well! He Loves it and is a great shot!
Old 12-06-2005, 04:23 PM

I just bought the Browning Micro Midas for my 10 year old. Mainly because they have alot of length and weight adjustment as he grows, and they are a real quality bow. Have been shooting it a little in the shop getting it setup, and it is sweet. I am very impressed.
Old 12-06-2005, 05:26 PM

How old are you, by chance? I'm fifteen and I got my bow in August, and started out barely able to pull fifty, and now I've got it set on sixty and doing just fine with it. You might want something with a good weight range, and adjustable draw length, since you're going to be growing while you're shooting it. I shoot a Bowtech TomKat, which isn't really a youth bow, but it's got a weight range of about 50 to a little over 60 pounds, and I can adjust my draw length, too. Everybody is talking about the Browning, but I don't know much about it. Sounds good from what I hear though. Like mentioned above, also look at Parker. The Hunter Mag is a cheaper bow, and it was what I was going to get originally. Good luck!

Quick Reply: what is a good starter bow for a youth hunter?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.