Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Trail camera's, which is the best for the $?

Old 12-03-2005, 12:36 PM

Default Trail camera's, which is the best for the $?

I am thinking about getting a digital game cam, already have a 35mm one but it doesnt seem to get the picture before the game has moved on and i usually end up with a hind-end shot. I was just wondering if you guys and gals can help me decide on what one to get, mostly for deer. I would like to find one that is somewhat reasonable--$200 or less, but dependable, thanks for your help. butch
Old 12-03-2005, 01:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Trail camera's, which is the best for the $?

I like my leaf river dc-2bu but it is more than $200. I think it is worth paying the extra.Definitely go digital
Old 12-03-2005, 01:49 PM

I'm not sure of the brand name,but here in Iowa at Wal-Mart they have a 35mm one that is quick on the shot for $49... As far as digital,unless you pay high dollar you are going to have considerable delay in the shot. In my experiance the $49 one is better than a $200 digital. As far as digitals go,I would spend the extra money like Rhody Huntersaid but my preferance is the CuddieBack...
Old 12-03-2005, 06:52 PM

I just ordered a Cuddeback, but it is a Christmas present and i have to wait till christmas to use it[:@]
Old 12-03-2005, 08:49 PM
Fork Horn

I think that it is a "you get what you pay for" deal. I have a stealth cam and get alot of rump shotsor a piece of a deer. I don't get upset though because it was cheap and my first cam, but I would definitely spend the extra money and get a cuddeback on a future cam. I don't think I would think about a cuddeback if I had this one stolen or fear of trespassers, luckily I haven't had to deal with any of those problems. Chris
Old 12-03-2005, 09:39 PM
Fork Horn

I have had my CuddeBack for over a year. It has over 5000 pic's on it. The trigger time is what sold me. Well worth the $$$

Old 12-04-2005, 04:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bullshooter

I have had my CuddeBack for over a year. It has over 5000 pic's on it. The trigger time is what sold me. Well worth the $$$
Now this is the kind of response I am looking for. I am in the same boat as I want digital. Now I know I will get the cuddeback

Brian
Old 12-04-2005, 08:44 AM

Thanks to everyone for your input, after posting, I thought about it and decided to wait until I could get a better one-which means more $. But,I would rather get something I will like instead of having to buy another in the future. Please keep your comments coming, your experience with these will help myself and probably others. Thanks again, butch

Old 12-04-2005, 08:59 AM

I have 4 digital and have taken well over 10,000 pics with them. probably more like 15,000. 2 Cuddebacks, 1 Bushnell, and 1 ?. The Cuddebacks we the most expensive, but by far work the best. I like the ability to set the timer from 1-30 minutes, depending if it is set up on a buck scrape or a bear bait. The Bushnell takes good pics, but it takes more false ones and also the timer can only be 30 sec, 1 min, or 2 min. The other camera I don't even use, it sux.
I think you are making the right choice in waiting for a better camera.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:34 PM
Fork Horn

I would say go with the Cuddeback. I have two of them and they are by far the best I have had. I also have a Leaf River but the trigger speed is about 4-6 seconds!! Thats why its a feeder or scrape camera.

Quick Reply: Trail camera's, which is the best for the $?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.