Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Do you partake in any target venues? Ex. 3D, spots etc.....

Old 12-02-2005, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do you partake in any target venues? Ex. 3D, spots etc.....

LOL, thats my mom's work out area. Only place in the house that isnt so cluttered that I could fit the entire bow in the picture [8D]
Old 12-02-2005, 08:24 PM
Fork Horn

I used to shoot 3-D every weekend until Ibecame very busy with3 kids. Now I go to a shoot once or twice a month. I am teaching the wife and kids to shoot so we'll probably go a little more often next summer.

I am an IBO member and have shot at many Triple Crown events. I managed to shoot all three in 2004 in HC. Unfortunately these major shoots would work on my nerves worse than a 200 class buck at 15 yards so I've decided just to shoot locally for a while.

I also shot an indoor 5-spot league for several years. This is another thing I plan on getting the whole family into when the kids are all old enough.

Other than that I shoot a couple times a week in the back yard allyear.

Craig Woods
Old 12-02-2005, 10:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I belong to the IBO and love 3D, however not able to particiapte too often, unless we can get a 3D set up in Iraq
Old 12-03-2005, 08:47 PM
Typical Buck

yeah ive shot in a league for a couple of years we would shoot the dart system and the top 5 would receive trophys at the end. I was thinking about doing it again this off season, well have to see how it goes. But i find that I shoot my best when im in the back yard by myself.
Old 12-03-2005, 09:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I seem to do better in the back yard too smokyghost......i really liked it last year, though I shot leauge at the place close to the house, because we have a lot of military and farmers, etc, you can shoot any day. I liked it when I was by myself. I could actually picture myself in the woods, and I could take the time to focus on exactly where i needed to aim and shoot. I had pretty good scores, and I saw them rise. I would have liked a trophy but I wasnt there to win trophies but stay in tune for turkey season. Well I did, tell Uncle Sam had me get ready for IRaq. Gone for a month then with moving the wife to OK before I left, well, no time to practice, so I had to use a gun! But I also use to take my 3D targets, deer and gobbler on post to the little range they had. Lunch time would find me on the tower shootingbucksand toms! I liked the leagues, but my best shooting and learning is when I am by myself!
Old 12-06-2005, 12:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckeyebuckhntr

Hey Rick

I shot HC as well the past couple years. I am really thinking about the move up to AHC and possibly MBR for IBO this year.

I missed last years McKean shootdue to a shoulder injury. I will be at Mckean this year though. Maybe we will run into one another?

Will you or any one else here be shooting the IBO Indoor Worlds? Its a blast. I shot well at last years indoor worldsexcept for two badshots.....I ended up with 400 18X. I hit a 5 on a gimmie 17 yard hog (first shot of the shoot) and a 27 yard gobbling turkey. I shot with pdq5oh (Phil) from this forum last year.
Sounds good!! I am sure I will see you at McKean, we will have to start up a thread in advance for all those going so we can meet up and maybe go for dinner or a few beers after. I am sure Matt / PA will be there as well as a few others.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Shoot a couple rounds at a local outdoor 3D course before the season starts to test my skills. Other than that, no.

My rig is a bare XI Legend Magnum 70#

I'd have to pick up a recurve to be in a league I had a chance in since I shoot instinctive and cutting x's are not what I'm about.
Old 12-06-2005, 02:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Pure hunter here. The only target shooting is done in the yard preparing to hunt.
Old 12-06-2005, 03:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

I used to shoot NFAA field archery and IBO 3D. Even shot for Hoyt for a little while.I've got boxes of tournament trophies, pins, ribbons and stuff. But nowmy knees and back don't let meget around too well, so my competitive days are past. But I still go to our local club's tournaments and our weekly fun shoots during the summer.

You can learn more about shooting a bow in one month of tournament shooting than you can in a lifetime of shooting in the back yard. I highly recommend hitting some tournaments. Getting the wife and kids involved in it is great. It's a great way to spend time with the family and make great friends from all over.

It's also a good way to pick up invitations togo hunting in the fall.
Old 12-06-2005, 04:28 PM
Typical Buck

I shoot a few 3D's in the summer but most of my shooting is at NFAA 5 spots. I also shoot Field, 900 Target, & Fita in the summer.

Indoor league starts this Wednesday. That 60X doesn't stand a chance this year. After not shooting my target bow since the State Field in July. A week ago I shottwo indoor scores. A 56X 300 & a 54X 300. My high is also a 58X but Ive shot a ton of 57's & 56's.

Here's my bow
A 2004 Merlin Max 3000

Quick Reply: Do you partake in any target venues? Ex. 3D, spots etc.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.