Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

This is sick. PETA's new attack.

Old 11-30-2005, 06:48 PM

Default This is sick. PETA's new attack.

www.fishinghurts.com/pdfs/DaddyKillsAnimals.pdf

This is so wrong. PETA is now aiming their anti-fishing/hunting campaigns on kids, turning then against their fathers. The title of this leaflet is "Your Daddy Kills Animals!"
Old 11-30-2005, 07:12 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: This is sick. PETA's new attack.

No, it's very comical. They left out the part where I turn the fish around and send him back out on the hookfor his big brother.

They have turned their attention to fisherman (good luck) because they know they don't have the resources to take on hunting anymore.
Old 11-30-2005, 07:41 PM

LOL...that's hilarious...my daughters even thought that was stupid. (16, 12, 3, 5)...my son only farted when he saw it (he's only 6.5 months), but that summed it up pretty well I thought. What kind of mind compares fishing to murdering children? PETA people are scary.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I like the part of there are no fish doctors! Very funny.

Tom
Old 12-01-2005, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

"Until your daddy learns that it’s not “fun” to kill, keep your doggies and kitties away from him. He’s so hooked on killing defenseless animals that they could be next!"
Is this not the most obsurd thing you've ever read? Who do they think will fall for this crap?
Old 12-01-2005, 07:39 AM

Do they have in their pamphlett a little side note about keeping their dogs and cats away from PETA? Would hate for fluffy to end up in a dumpster as well...

On a more serious note, this is nothing new. I know they were going after fly fishing in Montana about 6 years ago or so (Had to be 6 years because that was the last summer I was up there). Had bumper stickers and everything that they were giving out. Didn't make any headway as far as I remember but sometimes these people are more about getting the attention and slowly eroding support than actually doint it fast. So this isn't about giving up on hunting, this is just another prong in their agenda.

Old 12-01-2005, 07:46 AM

ORIGINAL: MN_Deerman

"Until your daddy learns that it’s not “fun” to kill, keep your doggies and kitties away from him. He’s so hooked on killing defenseless animals that they could be next!"
Is this not the most obsurd thing you've ever read? Who do they think will fall for this crap?
Actually this is:

Children will read: “Imagine that a man dangles a piece of candy in front of you. ... As you grab the candy, a huge metal hook stabs through your hand and you’re ripped off the ground. You fight to get away, but it doesn’t do any good... That would be an awful trick to play on someone, wouldn’t it?”

Wow! They will stop at nothing.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:04 AM

[/quote]

Actually this is:

Children will read: “Imagine that a man dangles a piece of candy in front of you. ... As you grab the candy, a huge metal hook stabs through your hand and you’re ripped off the ground. You fight to get away, but it doesn’t do any good... That would be an awful trick to play on someone, wouldn’t it?”
[/quote]
not if you're going to eat them
Old 12-01-2005, 08:54 AM

I didn't think that one was as disturbing as "You Mommy Kills Animals!"

http://www.consumerfreedom.com/downloads/reference/docs/040726_mommykills.pdf

I wonder if Doctor Dolittle could expand his practice to fish?
Old 12-01-2005, 11:01 AM

Amazing...I've never seen anything like those ads before.

Quick Reply: This is sick. PETA's new attack.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.