Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker Bisquit Accuracy

Old 11-26-2005, 11:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Whisker Bisquit Accuracy

Has anybody else noticed less accuracy than prong style rest? Maybe my pro shop didn't set it up properly. My groups aren't as tight as they were with my NAP rest. I have been shooting with it for over a year and thought maybe it was me but could it be the rest?
Old 11-26-2005, 11:42 AM

Default RE: Whisker Bisquit Accuracy

hold your follow through longer after you release the shot. because the arrow is going through the rest like that all the way to the nock, any flinch in your follow through will send your arrow off.
Old 11-26-2005, 11:47 AM
Typical Buck

I'm getting pretty good accuracy out of mine. I had a Bodoodle Pro and the WB is probably just as accurate. I'd try what bkalbach suggested but I'd also re-check it out to make sure its set up right. What groupings are you getting now? A year's a pretty long time.
Old 11-26-2005, 12:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I get about 3-4 inch groups at 20 yards. Its just that I shoot at a 3 inch circle and almost all the shots hit around it just on the out side in every direction.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:21 PM
Typical Buck

If your form is good you should be getting better groups. How often do you shoot? If your shooting regularly, I'd have the setup checked if you can't do it yourself. I was hitting robinhoods using the WB earlier in the year at 20 so my guess is, as most of the time, it's not the equipment - it's setup or form.
Old 11-26-2005, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try shooting at a 1 inch circle at 20 yards and see if your groups tighten up. If they do then it's probably you and not your setup.
Old 11-26-2005, 05:39 PM
Typical Buck

I have never had any accuracy problems with the WB. It seems to shoot the
same as when I shot prong rests.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:18 PM

I have shot every kind of rest on the market and none is more accurate then the WB.......none is less accurate either. It all comes down to 2 things. Is your bow setup properly.........and your skills as a shooter. If #1 is all set then #2 is to blame.

Make sure it is set up right and keep shooting. I can shoot accurately out to 50 yards with field tips and 40 yards with broadheads with mine and I would consider myself a "good" shooter...........not "great" by any means.

I do shoot pretty often though.
Old 11-26-2005, 07:26 PM

Mine seems to be better, The only problem i had with it was when it was new (Shot only a few times) It was Noisy! In the dead quiet i would draw and SSCCRRAAPPEE. Especially if it's 22 degrees out side Useing carbon arrows.

Old 11-27-2005, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

for me it is not as forgiving or near as accurate after 25 yards but it probably depends on set up and type of bow your using. my old fork rest grouped scary good at the plus 30 yard ranges. for hunting i will keep using the biscuit. i think the fact that the fletching doesnt contact the whisker biscuit whiskers the same each time leaves you with groups that can vary more compared the other rests.

Quick Reply: Whisker Bisquit Accuracy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.