Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker Bisquit Accuracy

Old 12-01-2005, 12:02 PM

Default RE: Whisker Bisquit Accuracy

There is no way they can be as accurate with all the contact that's going on.
Just curious david.......as accurate as what?? Can we seriously quantify something so subjective? I guess Hooter Shooters maybe but as far as we go can you really say 100% that a shot you made was 2" high because of the rest and not something you did? An archery shot is such a dynamic and individual thing that I don't see how anyone could possibly say for certain if the error was human or equipment........I know I ALWAYS blame the bow but that is a different story

If they were as accurate you'd see them on the pro circuits and at all the tournaments.
I don't believe you would..........I think like any pro circuit the shooters use what pays the most or what they are given to shoot/advertise by their sponsors. I am sure if CAP ponied up a bunch of dough you would see guys use them.

You sacrifice accuracy anda little speed for the sake of...... ahhhhhhhh... I don't know what.
There is no accuracy sacrifice..........and with 2" Blazer vanes my bow chronos the same as a prong.

Accurate enough for the average Joe Hunter I guess but not for driving tacks.
It is more accurate then the vast majority of bow shooters are capable of producing. Can the elite of world notice a difference??.......probably........but that could be said for any piece of equipment we take into the woods and don't really see a need for concern over it.
Old 12-01-2005, 12:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

From what you've "seen of this crowd"? The way you say that, I assume you don't participate in competitive shooting much, if at all, and are speaking as an outsider looking in?
I am speaking on my experience with the 3D crowd......no I don't run around on the pro circuit or travel the country with them. I have been to a few shoots and they were all the same......and I described the impression they gave me.

Well, as one who used to run with that crowd, I can tell you that's not the case. Sure, there are the ones who are all show and glitz and have to have the latest greatest toys and doodads, but they are the ones who always have a wide variety of excuses for their rotten shooting. Theguys who are in it to win are a different bunch.
It sounds like we are describing the same scene.........I never said EVERY 3D shooter was like the ones I mentioned. Did seem to be a high majority though IMO and thus the reason for my statements.

I guarantee you that if they saw someone shooting a wb in their class, they wouldn't be lining up to check his score at the end of the day.
EXACTLY what I was talking about........the peer pressure of shooting something everyone else is looking down their noses at should not be ignored as a reason.

Okay, so ONE guy won Vegas with a WB, ONCE.
Winning Vegas with a junk rest???..........doesn't sound possible and surely sustained excellence can't be chalked up to luck right?

Another guy shoots a 300 59X round - and he might have gotten a perfect 60X if he'd been using a different rest.
He could have also shot worse with another rest too right?

When folks start winning on aCONSISTENT basis with a wb, then maybe I'll change my tune about their accuracy and forgiveness.
Winning Vegas doesn't require consistency?........If it can be done once it can be done 1,000 times. I laugh when I see stuff like this because it USED to read "When someone wins Vegas I will believe in the WB".........now it has changed to "When someone wins Vegas AGAIN"

Just like Mathews going above and beyond on overblowing the so-called 'problem' of keeping dual cam bows in synch, CAP is doing the same thing by overblowing the 'problem' of arrows falling off the rest. They've both bred a hardcore group of fanatics that simply will notaccept that the stuff they like simply does not work for everyone. And, brother, they take ill any suggestion that their chosen stuff isn't abosolutely perfect.
That same thing could be said about those that bristle (pun intended) at the very mention of the WB........no matter how much evidence piles up every year in favor of the WB there is still going to be die hard resistence from those that just won't accept the rest as viable equipment.

Old 12-01-2005, 12:44 PM

"The aim of art, the aim of a life, can only be to increase the sum of freedom and resposibility to be found in every manand in the world. It cannot, under any circumstances, be to reduce or suppress that freedom, even temporarily." --Albert Camus

I have tested the whisker biscuit using a Hooter-Shooter to hold the bow. That bow did shoot the arrow into the exact same hole twelve times in a row at a distance of 35yards. How accurate does something have to be before some people will admit that it can work?

Archery isn't something new for me. I have been shooting and building bows for over 45years. I do know a little bit about bow tuning and I have posted information and methods that I have found to be usefull over those years.

Archers helping archers is what this forum is all about. When I first found this forum and other archery related forums there were many people who doubted the biscuit could even work, no less be accurate. Many that once ridiculed the whisker biscuit have since converted to its use.

No arrow rest can magically tune your bow. The responsibility for that task lies with the archer. Same thing goes for choosing the correct arrows for the bow.

I do take a certain amount of pride in being able to help other people in figuring out how things work. And the truth is that the whisker biscuit does work.

The freedom to choose a certain style of rest, and the knowledge of how to set it up correctly for maximum advantage should not be suppressed, even temporarily.

Good luck hunting! >>>------------>

Old 12-01-2005, 05:11 PM
Dominant Buck

Atlasman...if you really believe all that "STUFF" there's really no need of adding my flame to the fire. I guess the simplest way out is to just remind you that we've been trying to eliminate fletching and arrow contact with rest, risers etc forever.... and always will. The slightest of form errors and grip changes will effect the arrows if there is contact up front .... or in the middle.... or in the back on any arrow. If a guys form is PERFECT he doesn't have much to worry about. THere aren't many like that. With the wierd shooting positions we find in a tree stand at times these errors are multiplied.You may not beable to relate group sizes to different rest, but hey...like you said, everyone isn't the same and doesn't have the same standards. An inch error at 20 yards is a whole lot bigger at 45. Most people are limited in shot distance not because of ethics or deer movement, but because of group size and form problems. Personnally, if I can get the best equipment that gives me the most room for flaws and allows me to still hit what I aim at, I think I just picked up a few yards. The WB is a so so archers crutch as far as I'm concerned. It's good enough for him, but not for me. The also make more noise and tear the heck out of fletchings. Who needs that.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:15 PM
Typical Buck

This is certainly not something we should be argueing about as we are all friendly archers enjoying the same sport in some way or another. I seldom buy anything without reading people's opinion of it, reviews, hearsay, whatever info I can get. If I buy something after deciding I've heard enough good things, I still reserve judgement until I am satisfied it works for me. I didn't rush out and buy a WB. When I did, I still wasn't sure but since using it, it doesn't really matter what any article written says, pro or con. For me, it is a great hunting rest and accurate as hell. Maybe I'm just a great shooter ( that's a joke) but I've hit more robinhoods with the WB than my Bodoodle Pro, which I still think is a pretty good rest.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:26 PM
Dominant Buck

Who's arguing. We're just havin' fun.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

If we didn't argue about this, we'd find something else to argue about. It's our heritage.[8D]

By the way, you completely misunderstood me when I said I need to see people consistently win with the wb before I change my tune. One shooter can have a fantastic day and just not make a single mistake over the course of one shoot. If someone had been winning Vegas with a wb every single year since it came out, then I could agree it's as accurate and forgiving as any other rest. Since that hasn't happened...

Winning only once means it's probably just a fluke. Winning twice could be an accident. Winning 5 times is a trend.

Arroman, that's a fine quote. I wonder why the guys who push the wb are so afraid of variety and freedom and are trying to suppress thoughts and experiences that are not consistent with theirs? I've basically said that the wb is not for everybody and I've given my reasons. That, in no possible way, can be called suppressing freedom. On thecontrary,I'm saying that people have the freedom to use something different and, if they have problems with the wb, they really should do so. That's all.

You know, I could mount a longbow in a Hooter Shooter andshoot arrow after arrow into the hole in a donut at 100 yards. Put that same bow in the hands of Byron Ferguson,one ofthe best longbowmen out there right now,and he's going to miss thatdonut more often than not at a hundred yards. Even the great Howard Hill wouldn't be able to match a Hooter Shooter. No archer in the world can, no matter what kind of bow he uses.

So, frankly, I'm not particularly impressedby what results anyone gets with a Hooter Shooter. Put that setup in the hands of an average archer and see how he does. That's what tells you something worth knowing.

Old 12-01-2005, 07:11 PM

Boy, I must be a real dip****!
I use a Mathews single cam bow and a whisker biscuit!

As far as the single cam bow goes.
Mathews came out with it first I think.
If it was such a bad idea why are sooooo many other companies making single cam bows now?
Just marketing hype or could it be,just maybe that single cam bows actually work? Hmmmm?
Old 12-01-2005, 07:14 PM

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Atlasman...if you really believe all that "STUFF" there's really no need of adding my flame to the fire.
Which "STUFF" is that?

I guess the simplest way out is to just remind you that we've been trying to eliminate fletching and arrow contact with rest, risers etc forever.... and always will.
I'm aware of that.........people were also POSITIVE that the earth was flat one day too. Not saying that the WB is that drastic of a revolution in archery but it obviously works.......and very well at that so either the bristle contact is so minimal it's effects are negated or something else because it sure shoots pretty darn sweet. Personally I really couldn't care less........I really think that is a reason behind most people's hang up on this rest. They have been struggling for years with the effort to avoid rest contact and now this thing comes along and throws darts when everything they have held sacrid for decades tells them it shouldn't.

The slightest of form errors and grip changes will effect the arrows if there is contact up front .... or in the middle.... or in the back on any arrow. If a guys form is PERFECT he doesn't have much to worry about. THere aren't many like that.
My form isn't PERFECT........probably far from it. Neither of my brother's form is PERFECT. When we are in our stands and a deer is in range it is more then likely worse. I can shoot accurately out to 40 yards with broadheads and 50 with field tips.......at 20 and 30 I wouldn't dare shoot at the same spot........We have killed 7 deer in the last 2 years........all double lung pass throughs. So 3 average Joe's who aren't Olympians and have no desire to shoot paper in Vegas can still make this thing shoot that well in our backyards and from our treestands.........What else is there??

With the wierd shooting positions we find in a tree stand at times these errors are multiplied.You may not beable to relate group sizes to different rest, but hey...like you said, everyone isn't the same and doesn't have the same standards.
I think we all do have the same standards...........a nice double lung passthrough.......the WB is 7 for 7 in that department in my family. What could some other rest offer me over that???......a BETTER double lung passthrough [8D]

The WB is a so so archers crutch as far as I'm concerned.
How exactly can inferior equipment be used as a crutch?? If the rest is poorly designed and produces less accuracy and exaggerated errors then it would be harder to kill a deer with one.......not easier. Using a rest that allows you to shoot like a clown and still get away with it would be a crutch IMO.

It's good enough for him, but not for me.
Really???.......shooting accurately out to 50 yards and double lung passthroughs on 7 deer in a row is not good enough??

What is?

They also make more noise and tear the heck out of fletchings. Who needs that.
This makes me believe you have very little experience shooting a WB if any at all...........because you would know neither one of those is true.
Old 12-01-2005, 07:15 PM

ORIGINAL: davidmil

Who's arguing. We're just havin' fun.

Quick Reply: Whisker Bisquit Accuracy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.