Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker Bisquit Accuracy

Old 12-01-2005, 08:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Whisker Bisquit Accuracy

atlasman, et al, it's not the whisker bisquit that ticks me off. It's the BS that surrounds it that irks me. Like the guy who works for CAP that wrote the article that aeroslinger read. It's a bunch of hooey, written by a guy who's paycheck relies on getting them sold. Ron Popeil (Ronco, Ginzu knives and such) would be proud his advertising strategy is getting such a wide play in archery circles.

Mathews did the same thing,overstating how good the single cam bow is to all other cam designs. Overstating is the politically correct term for what most regular folks call lying. Is the single cam bow good? Sure. Is it everything Mathews says it is? Not hardly.

Same with the wb. I'm just tired of people not using their heads and blindly accepting everything the advertisers claim.

Is the wb as accurate and forgivingas other rests? NO, it's not. Otherwise you'd see gobs of them on the 3D circuit. Do you see them? In Hunter class, maybe. Not in the other classes, not if the shooters want to be competitive. When was the last time someone won an unlimited pro class world championship with a wb? Heck, there hasn't been a first time.

Is it accurate enough for hunting? As long as all the prerequisites have been met (bow tune, form, etc), yes. Is it everything that's claimed? No. It's not.
Old 12-01-2005, 08:30 AM

calm downArthur, you should know by now that most people post what they have heard, not what they know.[8D] that's because most of them don't really know anything only what they have heard.[&o]

oh PS I still can't slam that revolving door at work at all and I have tried several times. It very well, maybe imposssible to slam.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

...you should know by now that most people post what they have heard, not what they know
Yeah, I know... Ten deep breaths...
Old 12-01-2005, 09:33 AM

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

atlasman, et al, it's not the whisker bisquit that ticks me off. It's the BS that surrounds it that irks me.
I specifically put in my disclaimer because I knew you would think I was talking about you...........I really wasn't.......similar to yourself......I was just commenting on some of the widespread BS I have heard from many sources.

Like the guy who works for CAP that wrote the article that aeroslinger read. It's a bunch of hooey, written by a guy who's paycheck relies on getting them sold. Ron Popeil (Ronco, Ginzu knives and such) would be proud his advertising strategy is getting such a wide play in archery circles.

Mathews did the same thing,overstating how good the single cam bow is to all other cam designs. Overstating is the politically correct term for what most regular folks call lying. Is the single cam bow good? Sure. Is it everything Mathews says it is? Not hardly.

Just reality..........who is dumber.........seller or buyer??

Same with the wb. I'm just tired of people not using their heads and blindly accepting everything the advertisers claim.
I have never seen the WB advertised as anything but a simple, solid, quiet, accurate rest that secures the arrow. It is all of those IMO.

Is the wb as accurate and forgivingas other rests? NO, it's not. Otherwise you'd see gobs of them on the 3D circuit. Do you see them? In Hunter class, maybe. Not in the other classes, not if the shooters want to be competitive. When was the last time someone won an unlimited pro class world championship with a wb? Heck, there hasn't been a first time.
I don't buy that logic.........there are tons of reasons people shoot what they shoot in 3D.......peer pressure not excluded. From what I have seen of this crowd they are similar IMO to the golfer who HAS to have the newest clubs and best balls and everything off the last issue mag covers.......or the guy who brings 9 bowling balls to the alley with him.......or the guys who buy $500 ceramic bats to play beer league softball. The WB is a meat and potatos rest.........no flash or glitz and no status as a new must have "toy".........therefore garners little interest from a group that wants and desires others to be jealous of what they shoot more importantly then how they shoot.

Is it accurate enough for hunting? As long as all the prerequisites have been met (bow tune, form, etc), yes.
Same goes for every rest on the market.

Is it everything that's claimed? No. It's not.
I am unaware of the false claims you speak of.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

The WB is accurate enough that at 20 and 30 yards I won't shoot at the same bullseye with each shot. Too many times I've clipped my own fletching and or nock and I don't want the hassle/cost of replacement. At 40 yardsI'm sure it would do it just as often without my shooting errors involved.
Putting arrows side by side on a consistant basis is accurate regardless of the brand of the rest,bow,release. I've done the same with other rests as well, but the arrow would fall off of those once in awhile. So now I'm just as accurate and more confident as well.
There are some people who just hate the WB. I'm not sure why unless they couldn't get it to shoot for them. Maybe I'm one of the lucky thousands that shoot it well.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

The WB is a meat and potatos rest
It's allowed me to put a lot of meat with my potatoes..................
Old 12-01-2005, 10:20 AM
Dominant Buck

There is no way they can be as accurate with all the contact that's going on. If they were as accurate you'd see them on the pro circuits and at all the tournaments. You sacrifice accuracy anda little speed for the sake of...... ahhhhhhhh... I don't know what. Accurate enough for the average Joe Hunter I guess but not for driving tacks.
Old 12-01-2005, 10:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

I don't buy that logic.........there are tons of reasons people shoot what they shoot in 3D.......peer pressure not excluded. From what I have seen of this crowd they are similar IMO to the golfer who HAS to have the newest clubs and best balls and everything off the last issue mag covers.......or the guy who brings 9 bowling balls to the alley with him.......or the guys who buy $500 ceramic bats to play beer league softball. The WB is a meat and potatos rest.........no flash or glitz and no status as a new must have "toy".........therefore garners little interest from a group that wants and desires others to be jealous of what they shoot more importantly then how they shoot.

From what you've "seen of this crowd"? The way you say that, I assume you don't participate in competitive shooting much, if at all, and are speaking as an outsider looking in? Well, as one who used to run with that crowd, I can tell you that's not the case. Sure, there are the ones who are all show and glitz and have to have the latest greatest toys and doodads, but they are the ones who always have a wide variety of excuses for their rotten shooting. Theguys who are in it to win are a different bunch.

They don't give a hoot what the other guys are shooting. They use the equipment they think gives them the best chance of winning - or the stuff their sponsors tell them they're going to shoot. And the sponsors are not going to set up their shooters with inferior gear. I guarantee you that if they saw someone shooting a wb in their class, they wouldn't be lining up to check his score at the end of the day.

Okay, so ONE guy won Vegas with a WB, ONCE. Another guy shoots a 300 59X round - and he might have gotten a perfect 60X if he'd been using a different rest. Heck, I've woncompound class in a local 3D tournament shooting fingers and barebow against open class shooters. Anything can happen on a given day. When folks start winning on aCONSISTENT basis with a wb, then maybe I'll change my tune about their accuracy and forgiveness.

The wb is definitely meat and potatoes. It's simple. Quiet? I guess that depends on who you ask. For most, it probably is, though I know a lot of people who say it makes too much noise when drawing an arrow through it. It does one thing well. It keeps the arrow from falling off the bow.

Just like Mathews going above and beyond on overblowing the so-called 'problem' of keeping dual cam bows in synch, CAP is doing the same thing by overblowing the 'problem' of arrows falling off the rest. They've both bred a hardcore group of fanatics that simply will notaccept that the stuff they like simply does not work for everyone. And, brother, they take ill any suggestion that their chosen stuff isn't abosolutely perfect.

Guys who like the wb, I have no problem with it. Guys who try it and can't get the results they want, then they don't need to be beaten about the head and shoulders, being told they can'ttune a bowor that their form stinks. Maybe it's true a lot of the time. On the other hand, it's just as likely that the wb is not the right rest for them and they'd shoot better with something different.

Old 12-01-2005, 10:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Believe what you think, I'll believe what I've experienced.
Old 12-01-2005, 11:41 AM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

From what you've "seen of this crowd"? The way you say that, I assume you don't participate in competitive shooting much, if at all, and are speaking as an outsider looking in? Well, as one who used to run with that crowd, I can tell you that's not the case. Sure, there are the ones who are all show and glitz and have to have the latest greatest toys and doodads, but they are the ones who always have a wide variety of excuses for their rotten shooting. Theguys who are in it to win are a different bunch.

They don't give a hoot what the other guys are shooting. They use the equipment they think gives them the best chance of winning - or the stuff their sponsors tell them they're going to shoot. And the sponsors are not going to set up their shooters with inferior gear. I guarantee you that if they saw someone shooting a wb in their class, they wouldn't be lining up to check his score at the end of the day.

Okay, so ONE guy won Vegas with a WB, ONCE. Another guy shoots a 300 59X round - and he might have gotten a perfect 60X if he'd been using a different rest. Heck, I've woncompound class in a local 3D tournament shooting fingers and barebow against open class shooters. Anything can happen on a given day. When folks start winning on aCONSISTENT basis with a wb, then maybe I'll change my tune about their accuracy and forgiveness.

The wb is definitely meat and potatoes. It's simple. Quiet? I guess that depends on who you ask. For most, it probably is, though I know a lot of people who say it makes too much noise when drawing an arrow through it. It does one thing well. It keeps the arrow from falling off the bow.

Just like Mathews going above and beyond on overblowing the so-called 'problem' of keeping dual cam bows in synch, CAP is doing the same thing by overblowing the 'problem' of arrows falling off the rest. They've both bred a hardcore group of fanatics that simply will notaccept that the stuff they like simply does not work for everyone. And, brother, they take ill any suggestion that their chosen stuff isn't abosolutely perfect.

Guys who like the wb, I have no problem with it. Guys who try it and can't get the results they want, then they don't need to be beaten about the head and shoulders, being told they can'ttune a bowor that their form stinks. Maybe it's true a lot of the time. On the other hand, it's just as likely that the wb is not the right rest for them and they'd shoot better with something different.

Arthur,

I agree with most everything you said in this post. I also believe there are more accurate rests out there, but I don't think it's more than the average archer/hunter could tell. I have always said the Whisker Biscuit is a hunting rest. I think Atlas put it best...it's a meat an potato rest.

Having used one for some time now I can tell you from experience that it works and works well. Is it completely silent?....No, but it's no louder than a prong style rest. A drop away you can put mole skin on them and make them more silent for sure.

Is it full proof?......Yes, I think I like that idea about it more than the full capture feature. There is no moving parts to break or freeze or whatever. Contrary to what most believeit takes a great deal to get the biscuit tofreeze up. I have hunted in some very bad weather and I havenever had a Whisker Biscuit freeze.I hadice forming on my arrow and hadto chip itoff and the biscuit was still fine. I'm sure it can freeze but I think by then everything else would frozen as well.

Does it wear fletchings?......yes but I might have to change that answer soon. My eariler biscuits were sized like the package says, just so therewas a small space above the arrow. With that set up I had to switch to a better quality vane. After I did I had no problems.

Since then I have aquired a new bow and I installed a large opening biscuit on it witha slightly larger spacethan it shows on the package. I also purchased 12 new Beman ICS 340 camo hunter arrows and had them fletched with some cheap fletchingsthat my pro shop has in stock. After shooting hundreds ofshots through the biscuit there is no sign of any wear at all on the fletchings.

I do agree with you when you say it may not work for some due to shooting styles or whatever, but that could be said for any rest on the market. The Whisker Biscuit is popular with hunters and is gaining popularity every day. The reason?? I think it's because it does do just what it's advertized to do.

Quick Reply: Whisker Bisquit Accuracy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.