Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker Bisquit Accuracy

Old 11-29-2005, 03:35 PM

Default RE: Whisker Bisquit Accuracy

had a wb , switched to the nap 360. Same holding power with the arrows , but the cock vane has to be up. Luckily I needed arrows anyway so it wasnt an issue. If you dont need then and decide on that rest , you can always adjust the nock.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:36 PM
Site Bouncer

I am very happy with the Whisker Biscuit. I was having slight vane waving in the past and switched to a better quality vane. This cured the problem, but the biggest discovery I came acrosswas using a slightly larger biscuit opening than even they recommened on their package.

I went with a large opening and I have not seen even a hint of fletching wear or waving after hundreds of shots and this is with standard cheap fletchings.There is no doubt that the larger opening is the reason why.

Set up this way the Whisker Biscuit goes from being a great rest to an awesome one!!!
Old 11-29-2005, 05:31 PM
Typical Buck

Arthur, I would never get into an arguement with you about anything to do with archery as I respect you and your experience. I read an article, and perhaps it was b.s, but that's where I got the straightening out part. It was probably written by someone who works for Carolina Archery Products. Of course, ANY rest can be subjected to the PERFECT scenario. Maybe because so often our bows aren't PERFECTLY tuned in every minute aspect, but real close, that the WB works better than some other rests that may be more dependent on everything being absolutely on. Maybe the WB is the worst invention in the history of the universe but all I, as well as countless others, can say is it sure seems to be an accurate rest that sure works for hunting.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I was using vanes when I first put it on, stripped them right off because i guess they dont forgive like feathers. Went to feathers and never had one strip off. I have to change feathers after a season of shooting regularly, 100s of shots, but they still flew true at the end of the cycle, even split one!
Old 11-30-2005, 04:33 PM

i use blazers with a 4-5 degree right helical and absolutely no complaints from me...
Old 11-30-2005, 05:59 PM

I've often wondered why the WB bothers so many people..........I can't figure it out. I mean in this world of archery and the way it is headed you would think that just about every hunter out there would be tripping over themselves to get ahold of a rest that holds your arrow in place, is silent, smooth, accurate and simple not to mention perhaps best of all is the comparably low price. Yet this product seems to have a polarizing effect on hunters making them either love it or hate it. How or why anyone could possibly say the WB is not a good rest is beyond me considering it's immense popularity and the thousands of animals that fall to them yearly.

These comments are not directed at anyone in this thread.........just thinking out loud.

Arthur.........I have seen slow motion video stills of the arrow still being on the string with about 1/2 the vanes already out the front side of the WB......this is something else I bet a lot of people are mistaken about (Thinking it goes through free flying after leaving the string)
Old 11-30-2005, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

atlasman, have to agree, i wont use anything else, but that is my preference, and others choose theirs, all that matters is we are all hunters!
Old 11-30-2005, 10:26 PM
Site Bouncer

I think people try to over analyze it. They try to break it down and come to the conclusion that is just can't work, but it does and yet some still don't believe it,to them it has to be a fluke or something.I agree with you Atlas, this rest seems to piss people off to no end and Ican't figure it out either. I have not seen this type of animosity toward any other type of rest ever. Maybe it's because archery and it's componentshave gotten so technical, people can't believe somethingso simple can possibly work, I don't know.

Now, can I explain how something that comes in contact withall of the fletchings as an arrow passes through it can possibly result in an accurate shot.......no, and you know what...I don't care! All I know is that it works and works very well at that. It's as accurate as any other rest I have ever shot andit's possibily themost reliable component of any on my bow. There is no doubt that when I draw back my bow it will have my arrow in the proper postion to be shot, no matter if it's raining, snowing,hot as hell, windy, you name it, that arrow will be in position. As soon as I put the arrow in the biscuit and attach it to the string I don't even give it a second thought. No matter how I hold my bow I never have to worry about it falling off.

If I'm shooting at a target I don't care if something goes wrong. I can always let down and draw again, but if I'm drawing on an animal I don't have that luxury and I want to keepmy set upas reliable and full proof as possible.

The Whisker Biscuit does this in spades.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

BigJ, I agree. I had to switch to feathers rather than vane, and even thoough I am college edumacated, I dont ask how, just that is does, and the WB has since I put it on. And with using feathers I take the wing feathers from my turkeys, and send them off to gateway to be cut and then refletch the next year's arrows.....anyway, some like Muzzy, some like the others, some of us like the WB. you know what I say, who cares! Lets go hunting together!
Old 12-01-2005, 07:07 AM

Has anybody else noticed less accuracy than prong style rest? Maybe my pro shop didn't set it up properly. My groups aren't as tight as they were with my NAP rest. I have been shooting with it for over a year and thought maybe it was me but could it be the rest?
It could be your tune but it is more than likely your form on follow through.

One of the top spot shooters , Jimmy despart, used a whisker biscuit rest and shot a 300 59x with it in New York last year. So if the rest is set correctly it is as accurate as you are...

Quick Reply: Whisker Bisquit Accuracy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.