Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker Bisquit Accuracy

Old 11-27-2005, 11:09 AM

Default RE: Whisker Bisquit Accuracy

Shooting form, bowtune, and arrowspine will determine how accurate you will be.

I have shot the B-2 whisker biscuit using a Hooter-Shooter to hold the bow. At 35yards it shot the arrow into the exact same hole twelve times in a row.

The design of the whisker biscuit does work to straighten the flight of the arrow, but it is no substitute for a properly tuned bow with the correct spine arrow.

Good luck hunting! >>>------------>
Old 11-27-2005, 03:02 PM

had problems with mine and changed back to the tm hunter, and i dead on, after reading some of these guys suggestion,it could have been me, but i'm going to stick to if it's not broken don't fix it. good luck with yours.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:26 AM

Haven't had any problems with mine. I love it! My groups are about the same at 20 and 30 yards all being within the size of about a half dollar and at 45 yards they are still ok, about 3-4 inch circle. Only the second year I've bow hunted so I figure if I keep up the practice it will only get better. I'm very confident in taking shots at 20 and 30 yards, but don't like taking shots much past that.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:02 AM

IMO any rest that makes full contact with the arrow and all fleches is a poor design .When we set up our bows one of the main things we try to accomplish is the least amount of contact with the arrow.The more contact ,the less forgiving the bow will be.Never did understand why the WB was ever made.And why ppl buy them.
Old 11-28-2005, 06:46 PM

I have one of the original black whisker biscuit arrowrest from the original design of ten years ago. It still works.

This particular rest had been dressed flat on both sides in its first year of use. It is extremely quiet on the draw and is still dead accurate.

This rest has been on over a dozen bows and its tuned fine on every one of them.

For ten years I have never needed tape, nailpolish, or heat shrink tubing in order to fix the rest so I could shoot the bow.

This rest has never bent, gotten out of adjustment, frozen, or otherwise screwed up my shot on me.

If you can do your part, tune your bow, and shoot the correct spine arrow for the bow, the whisker biscuit will be more than accurate enough for you.

Good luck hunting! >>>------------>
Old 11-28-2005, 07:14 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: GotstaHunt

IMO any rest that makes full contact with the arrow and all fleches is a poor design .When we set up our bows one of the main things we try to accomplish is the least amount of contact with the arrow.The more contact ,the less forgiving the bow will be.Never did understand why the WB was ever made.And why ppl buy them.
I think anyone would agree that fletching contact as most think of - mainly 1 vane hitting is not a good thing, especially when its the edge. But a WB has EVEN fletch contact that actually tends to straighten the arrow out given the bow is tuned. Maybe if you'd try one you'd understand why they were made and why they are such a popular rest with so many people. I'm quite happy with mine. That said, I may try a drop away just to see if I like it better. I like to try different things out.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Actually I got better groups and quieter shots. Along with new Montana Gold sight I split my first arrow in years!
Old 11-29-2005, 01:54 PM

Maybe I will try one some day,but I doubt it. The thought of the fetches and arrow making continuous contact makes me believe that speed if nothing else has to be affected.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I changed, this summer, from a fall away and 4" quick spins, back to the WB with arrow wraps and 2" blazers and am very happy with the set up. Have great accuracy with my 1 1/8" cut 100gr. inner-loc broadheads in the front!
Old 11-29-2005, 03:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Forgive me, aeroslinger, butI've got to pick apart something you said. It's not you I'm picking on but you had the bad luck to say something I've heard far too often.

But a WB has EVEN fletch contact....
As long as the fletches are glued with the leading ends even on the arrow shaft; as long as the fletches are all in good shape with no tears or holes; as long as the bisquit is mounted dead square to the arrow's line of travel in both directions (vertical and horizontal); as long as there is no arrow paradox; as long as the bow's tiller is perfectly adjusted to match the grip pressure from the shooter's hand; as long as the bow delivers straight and level nock travel; and as long as there is no hand torque on the grip, thatwould bethe truth. Unlikely for all those things to happen simultaneously in the real world though.

The next part of the comment is a true myth busting concept killer:

...that actually tends to straighten the arrow out...
Think about that. The arrow would have to be going crooked through the rest or it wouldn't have to be straightened out. So, if it's going crooked through the rest, then it's painfully obvious it's NOT making even contact with the fletching.Therefore it'sthe UNEVEN fletching contact that's supposedly straightening the arrow out.

By the same token, if the arrow is going straight and there is grip torque on the shot,the rest will get crooked with the arrow and, when the uneven fletch contactstraightens the arrowout, it'll be off course. But that's justthe flip side of the coin.

I think that's my biggest problem with the wb. It's not the rest itself. I like the simplicity of the thing and simplicity is a real benefit for a hunting rig. If I hunted with a compound andif I used a release, I'd much rather use one for hunting than a dropaway, for sure. My problem is the way people invent these littlefalsehoods about how it works, and the way they are then accepted at face value without engaging the brainand then get repeated over and over again.

Now, aeroslinger, I'm not accusing you of making it up because I've heard it far too often from too many sources. You simply repeated the myth. Like all myths, when you think it through, you see how much baloney it's made from.

Quick Reply: Whisker Bisquit Accuracy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.