Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker Bisquit Accuracy

Old 12-22-2005, 07:02 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Whisker Bisquit Accuracy

Let off.......I can hold my 80% let off Bowtech forever at full draw. How long can you hold a long bow at full draw??
That doesn't really matter at all when you consider how quick you can get the shot off with a longbow including reloading and getting a second off if needed. If you doubt what I'm saying get the video Hit -m - like Howard. Holding a bow back longer in a hunting situation reallydoesn't matter to me all that much compared to getting off a shot quick. Heck if holding the bow back forever is so important, why not just gun or crossbow hunt. Maybe in a target situationholding time has more significance.

-But none of this really has anything to do with Wisker Biscuits.
Old 12-22-2005, 08:14 AM

I like country ham and egg "biscuits"
Old 12-22-2005, 01:05 PM

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

Holding a bow back longer in a hunting situation reallydoesn't matter to me all that much compared to getting off a shot quick. Heck if holding the bow back forever is so important, why not just gun or crossbow hunt. Maybe in a target situationholding time has more significance.

While I totally respect your opinion I also believe let off is of great value to many bowhunters and is something they would not want to do without. Try to sell a bow today with a low let off and it will collect dust on the shelves. Lots of guys like knowing they can come to full draw when the deer is still 50-60 yards away and just wait for them to come in........they also are comforted knowing that if something goes wrong after they come to full draw like the deer taking an unexpected step or another set of eyes appearing in the bush that they can remain still and wait it out until the best shot presents itself..........with a stick in their hands they would already be shaking like a leaf and the deer would be long gone.

Whether or not that is important to you is a personal choice..........it is however a valid reason to shoot a compound over a long bow and that is what Arthur asked for.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Lots of guys like knowing they can come to full draw when the deer is still 50-60 yards away and just wait for them to come in........
I do agree with your generalization above. But,that is whymy opinion differs. I have killed many deer with the bow, but, I have not had very many instances/experiences even with a compound where I have had the time to draw, take a nap (kidding), wait for the deer to come in and be successful. I have had many more instances where, I had to react quickly in order to kill a deer. Most of my stands (I also enjoy stalking), are hung in areas of thick cover where you do not have the opportunity to see very far. I would rather hang a stand in thick cover low (15 fet max), then hang one in the open high. But that is another topic, kind of like this post.
Old 12-22-2005, 03:53 PM

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

Lots of guys like knowing they can come to full draw when the deer is still 50-60 yards away and just wait for them to come in........
I do agree with your generalization above. But,that is whymy opinion differs. I have killed many deer with the bow, but, I have not had very many instances/experiences even with a compound where I have had the time to draw, take a nap (kidding), wait for the deer to come in and be successful. I have had many more instances where, I had to react quickly in order to kill a deer. Most of my stands (I also enjoy stalking), are hung in areas of thick cover where you do not have the opportunity to see very far. I would rather hang a stand in thick cover low (15 fet max), then hang one in the open high. But that is another topic, kind of like this post.

I would say thta a LOT of things in archery are not needed.........yet are still in high demand. No one needs to shoot 300+fps to kill a deer or be able to hold their bow for an hour at full draw.......of course no one needs a corvette or a giant SUV either but it doesn't stop people from buying them.