Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Whisker Bisquit Accuracy

Old 12-21-2005, 02:03 PM

Default RE: Whisker Bisquit Accuracy

ORIGINAL: jayuu

when i shoot, i move a little when i release, the sudden change from 70 pounds on my hand to zero i move. i think this would happen to anybody unless they had robotic arms. point is with my drop away that little bit i do move doesnt matter at all. because all the arrow is touching is the string, with a wb any little bit you move it will have an effect on the arrows flight.
That makes no sense........if you move on release with a drop away you why wouldn't it effect flight?? Any movement of the front of the bow (grip) will alter the path of the arrow coming off the string. If your grip moves to the right then the string goes right yet the arrow remains straight and the opposite is also true. Torque will have the opposite effect of grip going right and string going left.........a drop away isn't going to help either situation. Any movement after release is going to effect arrow flight until that arrow has left the string.........no rest will cure that.

oh and tell me please how friction doesnt make something slow down. last time i checked that was a known fact backed up by everyone who knows anything.
Obviously you have very little if any experience with a WB.........if you did you would understand that the bristles don't squeeze the arrow to cause the kind of friction you are suggesting. Shoot one through a chrono and you will see.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wrong........the things I listed that are commonly misunderstood about the WB are not true.
Misunderstood? Not true?? Surely you jest! Too many people have too many timesseen all those whisker bisquit things - and worse! -with their own eyes!That's a dose of BS you can keep, right there. [:'(]

Let off.......I can hold my 80% let off Bowtech forever at full draw. How long can you hold a long bow at full draw??
Yep, you'll definitely beat me in a race to see who can hold full draw the longest. Whoopee! Wouldn'tthatbe an exciting contest! Actually, I don't buy bows to draw and see how long I can hold. I buy them to shoot arrows.To each his own, I guess.

Same with arrow rests. I use them to obtain a clean, accurate arrow launch. Like most people, I'm coordinated enough to keep my arrows from falling off my bow without sticking them through a battery terminal cleaner posing as a rest.

Speed........Is it common for long bows to push arrows over 300 fps?
A longbow shoots fast enough to get the arrow there. It's called 'archery' after all, not 'flattery'.

Equipment.......options for compounds are endless.
Yep. You got me there. No argument. Of course, that's a very big part ofwhy longbows are getting more and more popular all the time.

Old 12-21-2005, 04:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Arthur P

Misunderstood? Not true?? Surely you jest! Too many people have too many timesseen all those whisker bisquit things - and worse! -with their own eyes!That's a dose of BS you can keep, right there. [:'(]
Not BS at all. If you are having any of those problems with a WB it is not setup properly. Fix that and tune the bow and you won't see any of those things. Using your logic we shouldn't blame poor penetration and erratic arrow flight with broadheads on tuning either...........even though a properly setup bow would solve them too

Yep, you'll definitely beat me in a race to see who can hold full draw the longest. Whoopee! Wouldn'tthatbe an exciting contest! Actually, I don't buy bows to draw and see how long I can hold. I buy them to shoot arrows.To each his own, I guess.
You asked for valid reasons........I gave them to ya. Holding a bow for an extra minute or so if needed is an important thing to many bowhunters.

I didn't even mention the fact that taking a long bow up a treestand isn't very practical either

Same with arrow rests. I use them to obtain a clean, accurate arrow launch.
So does everyone who uses a WB...........you don't actually think that all the people that use a WB are shooting all over the place yet just stick with it for some reason do you??

Like most people, I'm coordinated enough to keep my arrows from falling off my bow without sticking them through a battery terminal cleaner posing as a rest.
Whooooopee!!!........just one less thing I have to worry about because unlike you I can just set my bow on it's side across my stand rail and pick it up and shoot when the chance comes. The battery cleaner comment clearly shows your personal grudge against the rest (more likely that it goes against what has been preached for so long by so many) you want it to not work.

A longbow shoots fast enough to get the arrow there. It's called 'archery' after all, not 'flattery'.
Again.......you asked for valid reasons and I gave them to you. If speed was not a valid reason why people buy compounds then Bowtech wouldn't exist.

Yep. You got me there. No argument. Of course, that's a very big part ofwhy longbows are getting more and more popular all the time.
Why did you ask for reasons and say you were going to debunk them if you were just going to agree with everything I said??

Old 12-21-2005, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

The simpler thing are the better they are for me.
I use to have a bodoodle arrow rest, while it worked great it was noisy. So I had to put something on the metal prongs. well after a while I had to do it over again, and again and again, what a pain in the arse. Not to metion that after a while the mole hair or whatever you used would start to wear and this starts to change your POI, so betwween replacing the mole hair and resighting for POI I just said you know what, this thing is a POS.
Why would anyone want a rest that you have to change your lifstyle just to make work and then say it's the best thing since sliced bread.
There is nothing better than a good drop away rest, put it on and start drilling bullseyes. I dont have to be a pro to use it. it works for pro's or amatuers.
My TR DZ has some tubing, heat shrunk on it, and I havent had to mess with it or replace it in 2 years.
Everyone of you that use the WB has had to learn to use it and make adjustments, just to use it.
That kind of rest is not for me

It belong in the isle with the C'mere deer, the scent lock suits, and the cough silencer, right next to the deer view mirror.
Old 12-21-2005, 07:18 PM

ORIGINAL: zrexpilot

Everyone of you that use the WB has had to learn to use it and make adjustments, just to use it.
That kind of rest is not for me
I'm sorry..........what did I have to "learn" and what "adjustments" have I had to make just to use it??

If you can use an allen wrench and tune a bow then you have all the knowledge and adjustments you will ever need.

It belong in the isle with the C'mere deer, the scent lock suits, and the cough silencer, right next to the deer view mirror.

Funny thing is I started with a prong, then a drop away and the WB is better then all of them (that I used). My drop away wouldn't get out of the way fast enough on my Patriot due to the limited cable movement. I even called Bowtech and they told me personally not to use a drop away that was controlled by the cable slide because it wouldn't work. They said the same about the MZE but said they were working on it. That was 2003. Don't know if those issues are any better now and don't really care because my rest is about the only piece of equipment I wouldn't even think of changing.
Old 12-21-2005, 09:03 PM
Fork Horn

zrexpilot....
i have absolutely no idea what adjustments you have to make to use the wb. nearly all of my hunting buddies use this rest exclusively. sold our fallaways. wb is way easy to tune, and for us out west who spot and stalk its the only way to go.

couldnt be any simpler to use either.

just my 2 cents worth......
Old 12-21-2005, 09:24 PM

ORIGINAL: atlasman

when i shoot, i move a little when i release, the sudden change from 70 pounds on my hand to zero i move. i think this would happen to anybody unless they had robotic arms. point is with my drop away that little bit i do move doesnt matter at all. because all the arrow is touching is the string, with a wb any little bit you move it will have an effect on the arrows flight.
That makes no sense........if you move on release with a drop away you why wouldn't it effect flight?? Any movement of the front of the bow (grip) will alter the path of the arrow coming off the string. If your grip moves to the right then the string goes right yet the arrow remains straight and the opposite is also true. Torque will have the opposite effect of grip going right and string going left.........a drop away isn't going to help either situation. Any movement after release is going to effect arrow flight until that arrow has left the string.........no rest will cure that.

oh and tell me please how friction doesnt make something slow down. last time i checked that was a known fact backed up by everyone who knows anything.
Obviously you have very little if any experience with a WB.........if you did you would understand that the bristles don't squeeze the arrow to cause the kind of friction you are suggesting. Shoot one through a chrono and you will see.
shoot a branch, does your arrow deflect off it? well your whisker biscuit is acting as a whole bunch ofbranchessurrounding it. any bit that itmoves after the arrow leaves the string your arrow will not fly true or as straight as on that has no deflections. and a drop away the arrow has no defelctions.and im not saying a wb causes tons of friction heck it might not even be measurable, 4 inches a second slower maybe, but it does decrease arrow speed a little. unless they are made of a frictionless material. i guess all im trying to say is logically thinking, and in my case personal experience, the dropaway is more accurate, for me.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:09 PM
Site Bouncer

ANY movement of the bow will effect the arrow flight because it's attached to the string, no matter what rest you have on it.

As for the Whisker Biscuit, the arrows fletchings are already in the Biscuit when the arrow leaves the string. We are talking aboutmilliseconds of contact time after the arrow leaves the string!!

There is no way any of you can convince me that this thing doesn't work. Is it the rest for everyone? No but don't try to tell me it doesn't work because it does and very well at that. I am not a pro shooter nor a bow tuning expert but I was able to install the rest, set it up and tune it in about 20min and was shooting both my field points and broadheads in the same groups.

The rest is as accurate as any I have ever shot. If you use the correct opening you will not experience any vane damage at all. I really think this is where most people are having their problems (the ones who actually do, not the ones who just talk about them) The rest dose make some noise however not enough to spook any deer I have ever shot with it and that includes some that were less than 5yds away. Again if your biscuit is too loud odds are it's the wrong size.

Mine have NEVER needed to be readjusted, customized, trimmed, sprayed or anything. It's never bent or gone out of adjustment. It's never had it's stringstretch or break, never needed to be lubed, never needed it's mole skin or shrinkwrap replaced. It's never had the little arrow holderstuck to the shelf come loose. It's never froze, melted or rusted. It's springs have never become weak or broke.It never needs me to hold the arrow on it no matter what position I hold the bow or where I put it.After they were installed and set up no more maintenance has been needed....ever.To be honest if it wasn't for these threads that keep popping up about it, I wouldn't even give it a second thought........my kind of rest.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:16 AM

shoot a branch, does your arrow deflect off it? well your whisker biscuit is acting as a whole bunch ofbranchessurrounding it.

That may be the worst analogy of a WB I have ever read. Now I know you have no experience with them if you think that is a logical comparison.

any bit that itmoves after the arrow leaves the string your arrow will not fly true or as straight as on that has no deflections. and a drop away the arrow has no defelctions.
Any movement after release will effect arrow flight........and that won't change no matter what rest you use. I also think you are confused as to when the arrow leaves the string........the vanes are already coming out the front end of the WB before the arrow leaves the string.

and im not saying a wb causes tons of friction heck it might not even be measurable, 4 inches a second slower maybe, but it does decrease arrow speed a little. unless they are made of a frictionless material.
And??.......this is something you are concerned about??

i guess all im trying to say is logically thinking, and in my case personal experience, the dropaway is more accurate, for me.
You have shot them both and found the WB to be less accurate?

BTW......I have nothing against fall aways or any other rest. They are not as good for hunting as a WB but they are all still fine equipment.
Old 12-22-2005, 01:26 AM

ORIGINAL: BigJ12

There is no way any of you can convince me that this thing doesn't work. Is it the rest for everyone? No but don't try to tell me it doesn't work because it does and very well at that. I am not a pro shooter nor a bow tuning expert but I was able to install the rest, set it up and tune it in about 20min and was shooting both my field points and broadheads in the same groups.

Exactly where I am coming from. I am by no means an expert bow tuner and I am not about to win any contest in Vegas any time soon. I do shoot quite a bit and consider myself a "good" shot. Could be much better and also could be a whole lot worse. Having said all that I can shoot all day out to 50 yards with my WB and shooting at 20 yards is just plain simple. I get perfect arrow flight and my 4 blade fixed broadheads group with my tips. Best of all I have come to full draw undetected and had double lung passthrough shots on 4 deer in the last 2 years.

How could an average shooter with average bow tuning skills accomplish all that with a piece of inferior equipment like the WB???

Quick Reply: Whisker Bisquit Accuracy

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.