Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ever dropped anything from your treestand

Old 11-22-2005, 08:54 PM

Default Ever dropped anything from your treestand

Your welcome to take an ad out with Huntingnet.com or advertise your product in the classifieds but according to posting rules, not in the forums. Thanks
Old 11-22-2005, 09:02 PM

Default RE: Ever dropped anything from your treestand

Says page not found.

As far as dropping things, name it, I have probably dropped it. Including myself once.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:21 PM
Typical Buck

Last year I dropped my grunt call soooo I whipped out my dressing knife and tied it to my bow rope. I caught the grunt call lanyard on the gut hook on the 3rd try and pulled it up to me!

Back when I first started bow hunting I was about half way up the tree in my climber when I realized I forgot to attach the bow rope to the stand.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:34 PM

I don't know why the hyperlink will not go to site. I have dropped many things in the last 20 years of hunting.One time I dropped my glove ,it was about 15 degrees I was to cold to climb down so I tied my pull rope to my broadhead ,pulled my bow back a couple inches ,shot my glove and pulled it up.I knew then there had to be a better way.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

I can honestly say I've never, ever dropped anything out of a treestand. Probably because I've never, ever hunted from a treestand.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:59 PM

Yep, that's why this year I bought some huge treble hooks cut off the points and ground them down. I can use it as a grappling hook if I need to.
Old 11-22-2005, 11:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yup, I dropped my release as two nice fat does were coming in. They just looked around and walked off.

Sucks though.

Get this: I went out hunting one even for a couple hours. I get there jump out the truck walk to the tree put up my climber and go up the tree. I get settled down for the last 3 hours and notice I forgot to get my release out of my pack on the other side of the tree so I reach around and open my pack and opps its not there. Then I am thinking where did I leave it. Oh crap its in the car. So I go down the tree and get out of my stand and start walking off then realize I didn't have my keys.So I go back up the tree and get my keys and then go all the way down the tree and walk to the car and them back to the tree and up the tree. I was sweating bullets. No wonder I didn't see a Dag on thing that night.[:@][:@]

Brian
Old 11-23-2005, 02:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've fished numerous things off the ground using my haul line.

Most recently, I spent 1/2 hour trying to catch a fallen headnet that I wanted to switch with the heavier one I had on. After finally catch it and thinking, smugly, "HA! I got ya!", I tried to remove the headnet I had on only to have my binoculars come off with it falling to the ground.[:@] That required a trip down the tree to retrieve them and now they give a double image of everything I view.[:@]
Old 11-23-2005, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Paul L Mohr

Says page not found.

As far as dropping things, name it, I have probably dropped it. Including myself once.
I can relate to this remark! LOL
Old 11-23-2005, 06:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

You name it and I dropped it. This year, at one point I dropped three arrows. I was down to my last one.

Quick Reply: Ever dropped anything from your treestand

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.