Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Ever dropped anything from your treestand

Old 11-23-2005, 03:23 PM

Default RE: Ever dropped anything from your treestand

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

You name it and I dropped it. This year, at one point I dropped three arrows. I was down to my last one.
two words...Whisker Biscuit.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've dropped gloves, mask, dip bottle, bow and gun before. Note to self, tie bow on string BEFORE taking it off the hook! I dropped the gun on a hunt early in my hunting career when a buck I shot ran underneath me. I didn't think I hit him and shot two from the hip with no part of me behind the stock. The last one jolted the gun out of my hands.

As I sat looking down at my handwarmer muff I forgot to put on after throwing on some sweatshirts and my jacket, I swore I'd take the advice of someone in here once who suggested using a treble hook and fishing line in a film cannister.I'll kick myself for not doing it next time I look down at something I drop!
Old 11-23-2005, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

More times than I can recall and more cussing than I care to remember!
Old 11-23-2005, 04:36 PM
Spike

Yep, that's why this year I bought some huge treble hooks cut off the points and ground them down. I can use it as a grappling hook if I need to.
Like ShadowAce, I made the same kind of rig from a trebble hook, and have used it to retrieve everything from arrows, to the bow I forgot to tie on. I used a slip sinker crimped to the saft of the trebble hook, and used duck decoy line. The decoy line is very strong, and because it's coated it doesn't get tangled up. The whole thing is wrapped up on a wooden bobbin and fits nicely in a pill bottle.
I never have to climb down again, in fact it's kinda fun to drop the hook down and snag something on the ground.
If you carry one of these in your pack, you'll never have to climb down again. (Unless you forget to tie your pack on)!
Old 11-23-2005, 07:04 PM

Who? Me? (Looks around the room)........NOOOOOO .....never, ever, ever......(That's my story and I'm sticking to it....[8D][&:][&:])
Old 11-23-2005, 07:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well, I dropped a turd once......sorry guys I just couldn't help myself.lol.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:06 PM
Fork Horn

Like stated before, you name it and I've dropped it. [8D]However, the last two yearon the day I've dropped something from my stand I've shot a buck that day.

Maybe I'm on to something.[&:]LOL

Brian
Old 11-23-2005, 08:18 PM

The wind blew the cap to my pee bottle(my pee,not doe pee) off the seat of my stand.
Of course it waited til I was done and the bottle was half full.
It would've made a pretty funny video of me climbing down,pee bottle in one hand to retrive the lid.

Old 11-23-2005, 09:09 PM

Oh heck yes...so far THIS year I've dropped my bino's, grunt tube, bleat can, a jacket, a hat, 2 gloves, and my rattling horns...I was able to get them all without climbing down with my retrieval line. It's almost always when I'm first in my stand, and trying to get everything situated.
Old 11-25-2005, 04:27 PM

i'm always dropping my arrows. they always land broadhead first, so i fish for them with my lifting string. i put a loop in it and go fishing. when it's slow it's like a game. good luck fishing.
Dusty

Quick Reply: Ever dropped anything from your treestand

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.