Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

question abotu drip bags?

Old 11-20-2005, 07:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default question abotu drip bags?

i was lookign at getting one for like 11 dollars at dicks are they anygood and do they come with stuff in them or not i was planning on a mock scrape nexy year to take pics of deer. i was thinking that and this new stuff called cemer deer
Old 11-20-2005, 08:09 PM

Default RE: question abotu drip bags?

I haven't used one, but I'm currious to see what others say about them too.
Old 11-20-2005, 08:18 PM

I used one this season and i think i got it out to early. I also would say that you would have a better chance in a balanced buck to doe area. if there isn't a need for a buck to fight over does he won't be as teritorial and you won't see very many scrapes. so this means he probably wont show to much intrest in your mock scrape.
Old 11-20-2005, 08:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

The dripper's work great espeacially if there's a buck in the area and he's only showing at night .Since the dripper work's only during the day and it appear's that there's a buck visiting during the daylight hour's ,the nocturnal buck will change his habbit's and try to encounter the intruder buck during the day .
The dripper's do not come with scent you have to buy it separate .I use the Wildlife Research #307 before the pre rut because it's a curiousity scent and it get's the deer to check it often ,as the pre rut begin's i change to either a doe in heat scent and then during the rut I use Wildlife Research Mega Tarsel scent which is an intruder scent of another buck .I'll be purchasing 2 or 3 more for next season .

nubo
Old 11-20-2005, 08:42 PM

# 307 isn't that trails end? I like that stuff I had a doe come in to me at 13 yards directly down wind of me and i was on the ground. it seemed like she just could't get enough of that smell. I like using the active scrape in mine.
Old 11-20-2005, 08:55 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wildlife Research make's it and I can't remember if it's called trail's end ,but you may be right .It's a curiousity scent ,that's why the deer can't leave it alone .But it work's great and keep's the deer's interest . I took my dripper out of the wood's since last week was shotgun season in that area .the owner say's he hasn't given anyone else permission to hunt there but you never know who might just wonder from the reforestration into his property .I'll be putting it back out in the morning after I hunt and I'll put some Wildlife research Mega Tasal in it ,now that the buck's are in full swing here in Ont .

I just checked and your right SaltflAt it is called trail's end

nubo
Old 11-21-2005, 09:31 AM
Typical Buck

i live in vemront there are alot more does i think then bucks but on my camara i got 2 spikes this year next year they will be bigger and wnat to compete with each other im thinking and there has to be a bigger one there if there is 2 spikes so im thinking there is probly going to be like 4 or 5 bucks in back of my house if they survive the winterso what im thinking is get the dripper mock scrape maybe get the big bopy to come out to take on the little guys or one of the little guys to come out for my dad whos never taken a deer what do oyu think and list soem good atractents to put in the drip bag plz
Old 11-21-2005, 09:58 AM

wildlife research Active scrape. I bought dripper and it came with dripper, scent and a book.