Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

good cheap climber tree stand?

Old 11-18-2005, 04:53 PM
Typical Buck

Default good cheap climber tree stand?

i was wondering what a good cheap climber tree stand was somthing under 200 dollars and i way about 250 so i need a sturdy one lol
Old 11-18-2005, 05:46 PM

Default RE: good cheap climber tree stand?

not for sure theirs one of those out there,for a little more money, you can get the api grand slam or summit viper,which ever you choose don't get a cheap one, your a big guy, wouldn't want to be 20 ft up and it starts to bend
Old 11-18-2005, 07:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well this is my opinion .I've had a couple cheap climber's and was never really satisfied with either of them ,so I went to Bass Pro and spent the extra cash and bought the Summit Viper ,I'll never look back now .If I had only done this the first time i wouldn't have lost money on the useless climber i bought previously .This is a stand you'll have forever ,and you'll never lose on it .

nubo
Old 11-18-2005, 07:19 PM

I agree...we take for granted the danger in a treestand, but it is there. People fall all the time and if your 20+ feet up and fall its not what your gonna break its how much your gonna break when u fall, spend an extra 50-60 bucks and get a summit,api, or one of the new Gorillas(formerly Ol Man). You really can't go wrong with any of them...just pick out the one that suits you best. I have cheap treestands and expensive ones. All the cheap ones are my oldest ones, thats because once I bought a newer, priceier stand, I never wanted a cheap one again.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:05 PM

I was at WalMart earlier tonight getting the stuff to make the homebrew scent eliminator spray(learned from this board,thanks)
The had Ameristep steel climbers for 75.00
They weigh 35 lbs so you wouldn't want to pack it very far.
Looked comfy.
They also had the aluminum one for 99.00

I found it ironic that the "Ameristep" stands are made in CHINA!
Old 11-18-2005, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

CHEAP and climbing treestands are not a good combination. Buy a good one and concentrate on game not wether or not you will come tumbling down !
Old 11-18-2005, 08:27 PM

I don't know how well "good" and "cheap" go together when talking about a stand? You are about 250#'s and probably 20 ft. or higher? Your life is worth more than a few extra $'s. Except forother hunters in the woods your stand is the most dangerous part of hunting. Don't "skimp" on your stand, do it somewhere else. Safety and Comfort are first. API and Summit are great companies. I have a lone wolf but they aren't for everyone--exremely mobile and quiet--not as comfortable as others.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:29 PM
Fork Horn

AS MY PAPY USED TO SAY "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR"
As said earlier buy the summit viper--- last a life time

Old 11-18-2005, 10:36 PM
Spike

Natchez has the Viper for 199 on sale right now.
Old 11-18-2005, 11:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

i got an api grand slam for 79.99 at cabelas on clearance. i love that thing. everytime i use it i like it more then the last time. i'm quick and quiet with it now.

Quick Reply: good cheap climber tree stand?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.