Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
YES
81.82%
NO
18.18%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Do you see yourself as an ambassador of the sport of hunting?

Old 11-15-2005, 03:39 PM

Default RE: Do you see yourself as an ambassador of the sport of hunting?

I voted yes b/c I do try to make a good impression as a hunter. I have "friends" or aquaintances that think hunting is driving down the road with the gun half way out the window. I express my opinion on what I think of road hunting and spotlighting but they will never change. I even had an invitation to go spotlighting with them the other night. It was "ok" though since it was on private property. They think Im no fun. I told them that HUNTING is working for the animal. Anyone dumbass can shoot a deer with a spotlight on it. Maybe one day I will find someone to teach the rights and wrongs of hunting to.
Old 11-16-2005, 06:18 AM
Dominant Buck

Livbucks said:

"Not one person so far has said they would have tried to free the deer. All the guys I talk to said they would have shot him immediately, no question. It is legal and all, but not the way I wanted to killsuch an animal."

I accompanied my son through his hunters' safety course, this Fall. Our instructor said somethng that I've repeated since....and that I'll never forget. He defined "ethics" as: "Doing the right thing....when even doing the wrong thing isn't 'illegal'".

I tell my 13 yr old.....all the time....that there are 2 ways to do things....the "right" way...and the "wrong" way.

I'll answer the original poster's question by stating that I have a 13 yr old son....and a moral responsibility to him. I answer "yes".

jeff
Old 11-16-2005, 07:20 AM

I have always considered myself a ambassador of hunting...always. Even though I gave up a few seasons (both bird and deer) I still feel that way. When I get confronted by a non-hunter or activist kind of person, I try to educate calmly and try to be the "bigger person". If they keep up their attitude, I tell myself, or them, the classic confrontation ending phrase, "Though I may not agree with what you are saying, I will defend to the death your right to say it."
Old 12-10-2005, 08:20 AM

i hate PETA and their anti-hunting crap
Old 12-10-2005, 08:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe just a good example.