Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is it wrong to shoot an albino deer?

Old 11-10-2005, 07:16 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Is it wrong to shoot an albino deer?

If you really want to turn nonhunters into antihunters shoot an albino that people have been watching all summer long. []
Old 11-10-2005, 07:55 AM

We had a piebald doe that used to hang out in out woods. I never did shoot her, I would just watch her as she cruised past the house. I got more enjoyment out of watching her than I would have eating her. It was funnyhow well she blended in. At times I would look right past her because ofso muchwhite. She quit showing up about two years ago. I dont know if someone killed her or what.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:03 AM

If you stuff it they can watch it forever. Seems like a good ploy for any non-hunter.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:22 AM

They are protected in Illinois. Check the rules of your state. Otherwise, I see no problem with it personally. In fact, I think it would make a nice trophy, even if it's a doe.
Old 11-10-2005, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

If i see one it's dead.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

I killed a nearly albino deer a few years ago. Only the head and a small spot on the side was a very light brown. Even the hooves were pink.

It wasn't bad luck though. That deer started a succession of 3 days in a row shooting a deer. Good luck for me!
Old 11-10-2005, 12:16 PM

dont be rediculous, shoot it. Its a deer.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Deer is a deer, I agree. As long as its not illegal, like in some states.

I've seen one albino in the wild. A doe

I'd hunt an albino buck just like any buck, if he's mature I would be hard after him.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:54 PM

If shooting an albino deer is bad luck, welp everyone say goodbye to this guy. hahah

Old 11-10-2005, 02:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

It would depend.

This spring, I saw a piebald doe on one of my turkey hunting grounds, so I tried to hunt her this fall. I stopped in to talk to the landowners, and found out that the lady that owns the place had been watching the "speckled deer." I didn't wanna be the guy that shoots Mrs. Speckles, if you know what I'm sayin'.

That said, if I was out on the public land, and saw a white shooter buck, he'd eat it. I shot a buck on public ground with a few white spots about 5 years back, and it was pretty neat. Had 3 out of 4 white hooves and a couple white blotches.

So yeah, I'd shoot one, but I wouldn't wanna be "that guy," the ignoramusthat killed the neighborhood's pet white deer, either. Nobody ever wants to be "that guy."

Quick Reply: Is it wrong to shoot an albino deer?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.