Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Backyard Bucks 05 (Second Edition)

Old 11-08-2005, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Backyard Bucks 05 (Second Edition)

Guys,

Some of you may remember my posts from September and from last fall of the bucks I have hanging around in my backyard. Here is a little taste of what I've seen in the past few weeks.

I was actually face to face with this buck this morning. After I shot the video, I decided to go out after him. what I didn't know was he and the doe doubled back and bedded down. When I walked by him, he stood up and looked at me like 'Now what are you going to do.'So I kept walking and acted like I never saw him. I then snuck down the field line and came up and therehe is, 20 yards away staring at me. SoI get back down and crawl so that I can come up around the back of him. I slowly stand up and therehe is again, starting me down. At this point I had to laugh.He had me.

So a fewhours later, I see him coming again. I bolt out the door and get set up. Figuring he will chase the doethe same way thru the field as she went. Needless to say, he didn't. Instead, he shows up 10 yards to my left in the same pines I am standing. We stared for what seemed like forever, before he got smart andran down over the hill.

He is a really odd buck. He is missing his back leg and that is why the antlers look as they do.

Just wanted to add a few more pictures. Total of 12 different bucks this year.

These 2 were out 11/18

this guy was chasing the little 4 above.

Here is how I first saw him....

These buckswere from early fall...

Old 11-08-2005, 10:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Backyard Bucks 05 (Second Edition)

That ole boy is wound up for sure. I bet he was a victum of one of these I rushed my shot bunch. Next time you raise up be at full draw and give him a whack. Thats cool
Old 11-08-2005, 11:01 AM

Is he doing alot of grunting??
Old 11-08-2005, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Motown, I did try coming at full draw but he is always facing me and the brush is so thick where he was standing, all I could see was the whitepatch and up. I just can't bring myself to take a bad shot.

Honda74, I never heard him grunt but he was chasing a doe both times.

The 2 eights in the first couple of pictres were also on a doe. that was from Friday. Same deal. Saw the doe, grabbed the camera and there they came, about 1 minute or so apart right on her tail.

I also had a half rack 3 point under my stand 3 different times on Saturday morning chasing a doe. Never grunting but all over her trail.
Old 11-08-2005, 11:16 AM

That is a diffrent trophy for sure
Old 11-08-2005, 02:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

That ole boy is wound up for sure. I bet he was a victum of one of these I rushed my shot bunch
No, it is the "In the Heat of the moment" group.

Old 11-08-2005, 02:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

'
Old 11-08-2005, 02:57 PM
Typical Buck

poor lil guy..lol..nice rack..that'd be cool if u got him.good luck
Old 11-21-2005, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I updated some pictures in this post. So far since the first week of September, I have seen 12 different bucks. 8 of which i have on film. The one I didn't post is a half rack 3 point that was filmed on a very foggy morning and it is very hard to pick anything out.

Old 11-21-2005, 11:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

Neat stuff, thanks for sharing.

Quick Reply: Backyard Bucks 05 (Second Edition)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.