Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting "Buddy"

Old 11-06-2005, 11:10 AM

Default Hunting "Buddy"

I'd like your opinion and feedback on this matter.....

I've been hunting this area on and off for a few years and have taken 2 bucks from these woods. I have a favorite tree and terrain feature I like to hunt. My buddy and some of my other Bowhunt camp friends have seen the bucks that I've brought home and always wanted to hunt this area but didn't want to drive that far.

Where they usually hunt they rarely see bucks and take does on a yearly basis...(we're only allowed one deer a year...be it a Whiteail, Muley, or Blacktail..Doe or Buck depending on your GMU)

They finally showed them whereI hunt. Well...I was in Alaska the year before and they hunted the area. My buddy nailed a 4x3 muley....no biggie. I congratulated him like anyone else would.

This last season opener we (4 of us)went over there and hunted this area. What I couldn't believe is thatmy "Buddy"set up between my stand and the bedding area where the cooridor is. To make it worse, he knew where my tree was and set up within eyeshot of me!

I was pissed about this and haven't said anything to him...not sure if I will as we've been friends for 25 years.

I know one thing...I will never let anyone know where I hunt, especially a core area. Iwouldn't mind if you show me a track of woods and let me do the legwork...but setting up knowing that the deer will move to where I've been set up for 5 or so years in a No No in my book......

Thoughts? Opinion? Remember.....Buddy's only half the word
Thanks
Old 11-06-2005, 11:17 AM

Default RE: Hunting "Buddy"

Well, I think it is a certain thing called "Respect." I think that you were being a great guy showing them that spot and it sounds like your friend P***** in your face. I mean I know if I showed one of my friends a spot that I mainly hunt I wouldn't expect them to go where I might expect to have deer come or go from towards me.(ESPECIALLY IF THEY KNEW I WAS THERE!). I mean its another thing if they didn't know you werehunting there, but thats not the case. I would expect them maybe to hunt another place just not in eye distance of me thats all. I overall think he just disrespected you.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:52 AM

Deleted: I messed up something...dunno what...

Old 11-06-2005, 11:53 AM

ORIGINAL: bdu33

.....Buddy's only half the word
Thanks
This statement has some significance, I think. Anyways.....I would be ticked off too. Sounds like a pretty selfish friend there.
Old 11-06-2005, 12:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Funny what deer hunting will do to a buddy. I'm telling you thefrench slap method works wonders on buddies that loose their focus.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:14 PM

I think you should be straight up with the guy and let him know how you feel about his dirty deed. The two guys who have brought me into their hunting world and favorite places to hunt are very protective about their spots. They discovered them over 20 years and do not want them to be advertised to the world. I replaced my brother who passed away and then happened to get a deer of a lifetime this year on my first shot as you know. We were the only ones in the area and that may be attributed to the fact that they are so protective about their spots. As much as I would love to share the information, I do not want to violate their code.
Old 12-16-2005, 07:50 PM

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Funny what deer hunting will do to a buddy. I'm telling you thefrench slap method works wonders on buddies that loose their focus.
That's no joke. I have a buddy who was cheating on his wife. He claimed it was the only way he could get access to this certain private woods that had HUGE bucks.

mark
Old 12-16-2005, 07:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm sure there's a pleasant way to put what you have to say so that it doesn't cause any bad feeling's about your hunting spot .Sure maybe he knew what he was doing ,but if you don't say anything then maybe he think's you don't mind .
I'd definately tell him to scout himself out another area so as not to interfere with your hot spot ,If he's been your friend for 25 yrs then he'll understand .

nubo
Old 12-17-2005, 05:08 PM

Keep your friend. Huntin buudys are hard to come by. I only have one. None of my other friends hunt, and i enjoy every moment in the woods. Even when he is killing the bucks on the property that i got. Enjoy the hunt!

Old 12-18-2005, 12:44 AM
Fork Horn

Hey STUPID, Never give up your honey hole to anyone that you are not
going to be as happy as yourself for killin a deer! PERIOD. LESSON LEARNED,
THE HARD WAY. DUMMY

Quick Reply: Hunting "Buddy"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.