Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

idiots 4 wheeling in my honey hole posted at night!

Old 11-06-2005, 05:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: idiots 4 wheeling in my honey hole posted at night!

ORIGINAL: SKIDMARK

I was always under the impression that astrategically placed camo cableabout 2 to 3 foot high would do the trick.
JUST PUT THAT CABLE ABOUT NECK HIGH ..THAT WAY WHEN YOU COME BACK ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS PICK UP THEIR HEADS TO KNOW WHO THEY ARE !!

ROLL TIDE
DD

Old 11-06-2005, 07:39 AM
Spike

Even though I'd love to hang a rope or nails through a board if they were on my land. They can still sue you if they were injured even if it's your property. That's our justice system..
Old 11-06-2005, 07:53 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: HoytShooter95

Even though I'd love to hang a rope or nails through a board if they were on my land. They can still sue you if they were injured even if it's your property. That's our justice system..
This is absolutely true, not only can you get sued (anyone can sue anyone else at anytime for anything), in most states it is illegal. Even though it is your own land, most states have what is called a "man trap" law where it is illegal to intentionally set any kind of "man trap". This came about from people setting spring loaded firearms traps for burglers, etc. and people who they were not intended for (kids, employees, etc) getting thumped by them. If you dig a "lion trap" and some dumb 12 yr. old kid breaks his neck in it, even though he wasn't supposed to be there, I can promise you there will be hell to pay...and hell is damned expensive all year round.

Your best option, though not always practical,is surveillance.
Old 11-06-2005, 01:36 PM

I hunted on private land alot growing up and had the 4 wheeler/dirtbike problem. The paths went thru the private land and onto the national forest land. The landowner and the gamewardens cut down trees and pushed up dirt piles over the paths. Well the 4 wheelers just had nice humps to jump off of then. As for the trees, its a 4 wheeler, they can make paths about anywhere.

Maybe a few strategically cut trees would keep the trucks out of your place. It would be better to run a chainsaw for an hour then to have trucks in there thru the entire season.