Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How cool would this be?

Old 11-04-2005, 08:49 AM

Default How cool would this be?

Stray Cattle Now Fair Game In Hawaii

HILO, HI—Hunters in Hawaii will be allowed to shoot stray cattle this month in an effort to protect the state's forest reserves. The state has been working with local ranchers to fix their fences and keep their cattle confined, but wildlife officials say more than 100 cows are still wandering free in an area that stretches along the state's Hakalau National Wildlife Refuge.
"Cattle pose a major threat to our native forests," said Deborah Ward, spokeswoman for the Hawaii Department of Land and Natural Resources, which will regulate the cattle hunts. "They remove the native understory vegetation, allowing alien weeds to move in and take over the native forest."
Starting November 5, the state will open a hunting season on what they're calling "feral and trespass" cattle found in the Hilo watershed area. The hunts will be held each weekend through November 26, and each licensed hunter will be allowed to kill and remove two cattle per day, with no season limit
Old 11-04-2005, 08:52 AM

Default RE: How cool would this be?

This might sound mean but I have always wanted to shoot a cow...with my bow. Can you image how much meat you could get from harvesiting 1 cow?
Old 11-04-2005, 08:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not sure how someone could get a rise out of shooting a cow??? Atleast I wouldn't. Imagine having to drag that.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:08 AM

It wouldnt be too hard to kill a cow. They usually just stand there and stare at you. I would take on if I lived there. Thats alot of meat!
Old 11-04-2005, 09:13 AM

ya, that would be alot of beef. I never meant that it would be a challange though guys
Old 11-04-2005, 09:16 AM

crazy

Old 11-04-2005, 09:18 AM
Dominant Buck

I'm with whomever said it would be a MAJOR pain in the Axx to drag out....even QUARTERED!!

Jeff
Old 11-04-2005, 09:35 AM

there is no way you could drag it....hopefully you are allowed 4 wheelers on the area where they are hunting...
Old 11-04-2005, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

i would shoot first and worry about dragging it later, then i would get a bunch of cold ones and throw one hell of a BBQ.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:03 AM

So if you shot one. Can you keep the meat?

Quick Reply: How cool would this be?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.