Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How cool would this be?

Old 11-04-2005, 10:05 AM

Default RE: How cool would this be?

Come on, I could see Realtree taking Michael Waddel and David Blanton over there and making a big deal about it. Better yet, I would seriously make my own spoof to the hunting industy and make my own video.

Put on my scent lok, put out some all stock cover scent, go to Wal-Mart and buy me one of those kids toys with the cow moo on it for call, I would get me one of those 2d cow holstein cow pictures you see in front of little old ladies houses and use it for a decoy, I mean really do it up right. Then do the opening dialog, "Hi this is Chris with "We are Fake Hunters outdoors", we have been invited to this cattle ranch today to hunt with Bobs Outfitters, ok Bob where should I sit and how big of one can I take today.

(Bob) Well we have been feeding the cattle pretty regulary there by the main gate. There is also a big pond close to the food, I think if you sit in the back of my pick up truck as I drive around you should get a shot at one of my prized bulls. They always follow my truck as I drive around the farm.

Later on that morning.......We have been driving around for some time now and I have had all sorts of heffers and calves come up to the truck. We had onebull with at least 40" of horns but the Bob says there is a bigger one that he used to show at the state fair every year. We are going to head over to another pond and see if he is hanging out over there.

(Fade into them driving around other pond.........)

Ok were here and he is here, he is on the far side of the pond which is about a 50 yard shot. We are going to just hang out here for awhile and see if he walks to our side for a closer shot. We are going to try my cattle call and I have placed the decoy near the back of the truck.

MOOOOO......MOOOOOO......... MOOOOOOO

Ok, he is coming (do a bunch of fake camera angles that we obviously filmed after the actual hunt and show me drawing back and stuff like that) Come on, give me a quartering away shot......................(then do my best cow imitation) MEEEOOOO bingo, (shoot) I hit him, (bull just stands there with my arrow stuck out of him, I say to the camera man) Stay on him....stay on him, he is going to go down.............(bull just stands there bleeding for 5 minutes, finally he falls down) Yes, hes down, hes down. I knew we could get a shot on a monsterbull here at Bobs Outfitters. This is abull they had been watching since it was a calf, they even took it to several state fairs and won blue ribbons with it. Ok, we know he went down but just to make sure we are going to leave him overnight, its getting late so we are going to head back to camp and come and check on him in the morning....(fade out to back at the house)
(fade in at the dinner table) I know he has to be at least 60" bull. His main beams come out at least 14" on each side and I would imagine he has at least 6" diameter bases.........Lets watch the footage to make sure we got a good hit on him....

(Fade in to me doing a dialog the next morning) Its right at daybreak, I couldn't sleep last night at all, kept dreaming about my hunt and this bull. We are going to take the tractor down this morning in case we find this bull. I think he is going to be pretty close to where we shot him but just in case, I am bringing my bow.

(Fade out to tractor, fade in to pond but put the camera on the other side of the bull and show me walking around and looking surprised he is dead) There he is, there he is, I cant believe it, right where we hit him, he didnt move a muscle. Wow what a hunt, what a hunt. I just want to thank Bob for this opportunity of a lifetime on a great bull. As soon as we got here, Bob put us in the right place and we saw cattle during the entire hunt. I cannot believe this, he has to be at least 60". This is going to look good on my wall! Lets get a tag on him and figure out how to get him out of here.

Anyway, that what I would do if I lived in Hawaii.

See Ya!
Old 11-04-2005, 10:15 AM

So...are you sayin' that Michael Waddell hunts high fences? 'Cause, if ya are, me and you are gonna fight.

Old 11-04-2005, 10:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

I wonder what the meat tastes like? [8D]
Old 11-04-2005, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think someone has a crush
Old 11-04-2005, 11:44 AM

Oh yeah, I forgot to take my meds.[&:]
Old 11-04-2005, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: livetoplay804

Come on, I could see Realtree taking Michael Waddel and David Blanton over there and making a big deal about it................
VERY FUNNY. Well done LTP, you tweaked a couple of truths and nailed it. Thanks for the laugh.