Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

i could use a little advice please

Old 10-07-2002, 01:18 PM
Fork Horn

Default i could use a little advice please

i've been having major problems with my bow i would get it sighted in and the next time i would shoot it it would be off to the left and this caused me to hit a nice 8 point bad and now i've took my whisker biscuit off and put on the bow doodle i thought it would be better since nothing touches the flechings and now my flechings won't wrinkle. have any of you guys had any experience with the bow doodle if so i would like to know the problems i should look for all your help is highly appreciated thanks for you time.
Old 10-07-2002, 01:58 PM

Default RE: i could use a little advice please

I myself use a recurve so I have no first hand experience with that type but my brother-in-law swears by it and that's all he will use and I have never known him to have any trouble with it
Old 10-07-2002, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hate to burst your bubble, but unless your biscuit moved on you, it most likely wasn't the cause of your moving arrow impact. I suspect grip torque should get the blame.

That said, Bodoodle makes great stuff, and as long as your bow is properly tuned and sighted in, you should be fine. But if like I suspect grip torque is the issue, you will encounter the same problems when you change your grip.

For what it's worth, canting the bow can also cause you to hit left of your point of aim if you're right handed.

Old 10-07-2002, 02:07 PM
Spike

I like the Bodoodle, it is one of the better rests in my opinion. You should not be getting any vane marks, this will affect your arrow flight. Check your nocks to make sure they are all indexed the same, if you use this rest you will be shooting cock vane down and I assume with a release. You can look at your vane helix, I shoot a straight vane with no trouble. Don't forget to paper tune. My target points and my broadheads are always close.
Hope this helps.
Bill