Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
bow
55.77%
rifle/shotgun
36.54%
muzzleloader
7.69%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Bow or gun, which one?

Old 11-03-2005, 07:06 PM

Default Bow or gun, which one?

I know this is the bowhunting forum, I need not be reminded. I was just wondering what you guys were going to use during rifle season. I realize many of you prefer bow over gun, I want numbers though. I have not decided yet. I hate the fact that I may pass a buck of a lifetime b/c I can only reach out 30 yrds w/ the bow. I agree, the reward of bowhunting is much more than a gun. So what are you guys gonna do come rifle season?
Old 11-03-2005, 07:11 PM

Default RE: Bow or gun, which one?

I'll be going with the bow the whole season....for the past 3 years or so I have slowly phased out gun hunting, just went bow and muzzleloader last year. To me, there is nothing like shooting one with a bow.

vashadowhunter
Old 11-03-2005, 07:12 PM
Fork Horn

I like to set up with a bow the first week of rifle season.
I set up in funnels and let the guys shooting drive them right to me!!
It's worked for the last 2 years.[8D]
although, we have 2 weeks of gun season so the 2nd week I'll use a rifle.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:12 PM

I go and hunt with my crew for 1 week every year, we have gotten together for 23 years and I will use my rifle for that week then its back to my bow.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:14 PM

We don't have a rifle season in Illinios...and bow doesn't cross into the shotgun season. Thankfully the choice is made for me. I would probably hunt with a rifle when I could but as "hey, the freezer is empty" hunts or..."I know I saw this monster here last week...I WILL get him" kind of hunts.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:21 PM
Fork Horn

I just started bow hunting this year, and already I prefer it to gun hunting, theres nothing like releasing an arrow and hitting the bullseye
Old 11-03-2005, 07:38 PM

ORIGINAL: Soilarch

We don't have a rifle season in Illinios...and bow doesn't cross into the shotgun season. Thankfully the choice is made for me. I would probably hunt with a rifle when I could but as "hey, the freezer is empty" hunts or..."I know I saw this monster here last week...I WILL get him" kind of hunts.

Ditto
Old 11-03-2005, 07:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Last year was ML only. This year being my first with a bow will probably be bow only. I just can't decide. I have killed a hog and a doe this year and would sure like to fill a buck tag with my bow. However, I think about that big one out at 75 yds and not being able to turn him. That would stink but then again I have thoroughly enjoyed my time bowhunting. I just don't know. I will hunt through the rut with my bow and if I don't have a buck by the time it's over then maybe I'll go back to the ML. For certain no more centerfire rifles for me. The challange is just not there anymore.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:34 PM
Spike

The area i hunt that has bigger deer is very hard to bow hunt so I will be set up w/ my rifle on a bluff opening morning hoping to get a big one. Then it's back to bow.
Old 11-03-2005, 08:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will hunt deer for 1 week at my deer camp with a rifle and if I have a tag left bowhunt the rest of the season.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.