Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Opening day in Mass....

Old 11-03-2005, 02:11 PM

Default Opening day in Mass....

This is a couple of weeks late but anywho.......

Had a great evening hunt! I was worried about the wind. I didnt seem to bother the deer though. A beautiful night with some nice views while waiting on the critters to show.

At about 5:15 I saw a deer moving my way. I picked up my bow and the heart began to race!!! A few more steps and I realized it was just a litte guy. Its ok it is still early and now I can play with the camera. He gave me numerous temptations like this to release the air from him but I managed to stay strong.

He spent a few minutes right under me.

As he was under me he froze and radar locked on to something our in front from where he came from for about 5 minutes. I could not see what. I am hunting the edge of a flooded swamp. About 10 mins later I see the outline of a larger deer moving my way. Then I see horns. This one is gonna get it if he gets close enough! He takes about 10 mins but he makes his way to the lay down log in the bottom right of this pic and quarters away....

I let him have it and the hit looks good although a litte back. He runs about 40 yards and just stands. He stands there for what seems like a long time??? I am starting to wonder now! He turns around and begins so sway side to side and then goes down. Wooooohooooooooo. 135 pounds dressed. My personal best buck with a bow so far though.

Old 11-03-2005, 03:10 PM

Default RE: Opening day in Mass....

nice job, I liked the pictures and the story!
Old 11-03-2005, 05:57 PM

awsome job arlow did you get him in wilbraham,i have no luck in ma, so far passed on a fork horn at ten yards had a bigger buck alittle behind him and couldnt get a clean shot.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good deer man, congrats.