Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I thought bigfoot had me :(

Old 11-02-2005, 10:10 PM

Default I thought bigfoot had me :(

lol, not quite but i was spooked. snuk into my hunting spot down here in wv this afternoon. About 1/2 to 3/4 mile back of the road i climbed a tree. This is a BIG chunk of woods so the odds of anyone climbing close to you are slim. When I parked the truck I was the only vehicle there. Well tonights hunt was my first with my old loggy bayou in a long time. Snuk into position without making any noise at all. But after shooting hours and seeing squat, I made a little more noise than I would have liked too getting down out of the tree.

Just as I hit the bottom of the tree, this god awful half howl/half moan sounds about 100 yards away. It is dark and I'm in the middle of nowhere. I about died. It did it three more times as I packed my stuff up and hustled out of there. It then kept up with me 100 yards down over the hill walking parallel still making that noise until I got to the truck. i threw my stuff in the truck and headed down the road, just to see another truck pulled off the road right where the noisemaker was headed. the bastard heard me climbing down and was trying to scare me out of there. wait until tomorrow when i'm hiding in the weeds by his truck
Old 11-02-2005, 10:12 PM

Default RE: I thought bigfoot had me :(

Thats soundsa little creepy
Old 11-02-2005, 10:20 PM

yeah you're telling me, had i not seen the truck parked there i would have sworn that it was a sasquatch or something. not that i believe in that kinda stuff but i know what all animal noises sound like and that noise wasn't coming from any animal native to the east coast.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:08 PM

Oh thats funny I would like to see his face when you go by his truck and make some noises or so hahahah
Old 11-03-2005, 01:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

LOL scaredy cat
Old 11-03-2005, 02:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

That will teach you to be hunting too close to my stand! HooooWoooo!
Old 11-03-2005, 02:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

BEWARE>>>>>>>>>>> HE'S OUT THERE

Like my signatute??
Old 11-03-2005, 03:03 AM
Typical Buck

y'all can rag on me all you want but............
a few years back i was huntin' with my nephew....i had dropped him off at his turkey blind and wandered to mine...i had this weird feeling the entire time i was alone...i looked over my shoulder and about 75yds away i saw this fur....super long hair thing...i joked to myself that i was huntin' with bigfoot and continued my hunt...it was time to go meet my nephew and whatever it was followed me out until i was in view of my nephew...every time i'd stop it'd stop, i even tried trickin' it....told my nephew and we both laughed....some time later i was playing on the computer and ran across this website with bigfoot sightings and it turns out that it's been sighted where i was huntin'....or the general area....gave me the willies...what made things even worse was that on one site there's a so called recording of what bigfoot sounds like and without a doubt huntnma and i have heard the same sound many times...it's a noise that will make every hair on your body stand up and one you don't forget....now i'm not swearin' that i saw bigfoot but the audio clips definitely have me wondering....the way i look at it is that if i did hunt with him then it's ok because he didn't bother me...also found out that a few others were out in the same spot with their video camera and got some unknown creature on tape...i would love to see it to see if it's what i saw...if it is then i'll probably believe but in the meantime i'll put it on the back burner.

glad bigfoot didn't get ya...
Old 11-03-2005, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Funny story. I would have freaked. My hunting buddy thinks the funniest thing in the world is to scare people. After the night hunt, he used to hide by the truck or somewhere along my route to the truck and either jump out, or simply say, "Hey.", very quietly when I would get a foot from him. He actually hasn't scared me in years because he hasn't needed to - I'm scared half to death he's going to scare me.
Old 11-03-2005, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

If it was dark, you should have stalked the sound and when you got close, said "I'm gonna make history...I'm gonna stick an arrow in bigfoot!" I bet the guy would have started screaming "I"M A HUNTER...DON"T SHOOT, PLEASE!"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.