Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Bowtech pics anyone?? Here they are!!

Old 11-01-2005, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Bowtech pics anyone?? Here they are!!

my computer froze up when he realized that I spent more than 7 seconds on a bow page that wasn't www.hoytusa.com.

thanks for the pics.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have an '06 60#@28.5" Tomkat on order. I shot an '05 Tomkat in The Archery Shop and was tremendously pleased with it. I decided to order an '06 when I heard about the addition of dual cams with modules to the Tomkat. I was pleasantly surprised when I read about the '06 Tomkat this morning and saw that they have also added the VFT technology to it, as well.

Bill

Praise the Lord, He is Worthy!
Old 11-01-2005, 12:27 PM

So who can get there hands on one of these and shoot it? I would like to hear if the advertised 0,0,0 is everything they claim. I can't wait to get my hands on one.
Old 11-01-2005, 01:36 PM
Site Bouncer

They don't do nothing for me.....Like most manufactures, the ultra long risers and short, parallellimbs are what's "in". To me they look less like a bow and more like some wheeled contraption.

On the other hand I hear they shoot great. I think I need to shoot one,maybe then I can look past just how darn ugly they are. When I look at one of these new style bows (not just bowtech) the last thing I think of is....."it looks like a bow".

Maybe I'm just showing my age but I think a bow (compound or not) should at the very least LOOK like a bow. I guess I should get used to it, I don't think it will change any time soon.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

On the other hand I hear they shoot great.
I know what you mean about the traditional "look" -- but, if you think about it, the design makes total sense: the ends of the limbs moving perfectly up and down to carry the energy not transferred into the arrow away from the shooter. There is none left to "jump" forward upon release.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:56 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: MQ1shooter

On the other hand I hear they shoot great.
I know what you mean about the traditional "look" -- but, if you think about it, the design makes total sense: the ends of the limbs moving perfectly up and down to carry the energy not transferred into the arrow away from the shooter. There is none left to "jump" forward upon release.
I totally understand the concept and think it's great. I just wish some of that technology could be intergrated into a more traditional looking bow. I'm sure if all of those R&D peopleput their minds to it, it could be done.

I also realize that I'm in the minority when it comes to what people think is a good looking bow, which in turn makes me S.O.L.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:18 PM

The only negative thing I have to say is about the new hush kit... its too big and too ugly!!! Other than that, I'm very impressed
Old 11-01-2005, 04:36 PM
Fork Horn

Those squigly silencers sure make them look weird. Maybe if they had a longer A-A modle for finger shooters. Maybe if there would be a dealer near by. Maybe.....
Old 11-01-2005, 04:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Motown I like the switchback coment, nice, very nice!!!!!!!